xbmc deinterlace vs my tv
Hi!

I was just wondering why the picuture quality is so much better when i watch dvb channels with my dreambox then with tvheadend and xbmc.

My tv supports 1080p ect so im guessing it has to deinterlace the content from the dreambox and then scale it to fit the screen. But when xbmc to the same thing i get the something simmilar to this.

I am sure there is a perfectly good reason why i see this phenomenon. I just can't figure it out.

Please enlighten me.
Jaken Wrote:Hi!

I was just wondering why the picuture quality is so much better when i watch dvb channels with my dreambox then with tvheadend and xbmc.

My tv supports 1080p ect so im guessing it has to deinterlace the content from the dreambox and then scale it to fit the screen. But when xbmc to the same thing i get the something simmilar to this.

I am sure there is a perfectly good reason why i see this phenomenon. I just can't figure it out.

Please enlighten me.

classic interlaced video rendered as progressive, turn on de-interlacing.
I have. The picture quality might not be as bad as the one in the wiki picture. But it is much worse then the dreambox to tv solution. Last time i checked there was a few de-interlace options to choose from. Are there one that is preferred?
Jaken Wrote:I have. The picture quality might not be as bad as the one in the wiki picture. But it is much worse then the dreambox to tv solution. Last time i checked there was a few de-interlace options to choose from. Are there one that is preferred?

Chose the one you like the best. De-interlacing is a subjective preference. None are perfect, each as its pros and cons.
Something i'd like to report about deinterlacing and i'm not sure it's a normal behavior because of my hardware.

I can't use vdpau deinterlace with other scaling than bilinear or best average.

If i use bicubic, or lanczos, it stutters every seconds.
Same case for HD or SD.

I have an embedded gf 9300. Does it means 9300 gpu can't do the job ?

If yes i plan to buy a gf240 instead.

Regards.
If it works with bilinear and not with bicubic, then the gpu is probably too slow.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmc deinterlace vs my tv0