Newbie Looking for advice
I am new to XBMC and want to get system put together and just looking for advice on how to get started.

I've read about the ACER Revo and it looks pretty cool and not alot of $$$. Is this a good setup? I mostly want to copy my DVD's to a External HD and beable to watch them from XBMC and will proabably get hooked on watching online videos and things. Just curious what you guys think of the Revo, or would I better better off starting with something else?

Thanks for any advice!
you realize that the revo has no internal dvd drive, right? so, if you want to copy your collection to an external hd, you'll also need an external dvd drive.
I bought 2 Revos, the 1600's. I stream all my content (mix of 720p and 180p) from a media server in my basement. I love these boxes, they are compact, low power, quiet.
moosenoz Wrote:you realize that the revo has no internal dvd drive, right? so, if you want to copy your collection to an external hd, you'll also need an external dvd drive.

That is a good point which could be alleviated by just ripping from another machine.
Yah I'm aware of that I have a External DVD burner anyways so that shouldn't be a problem. Can the revo handle 1080? Don't really need it now but it might be nice.
Quicksilver2002 Wrote:Yah I'm aware of that I have a External DVD burner anyways so that shouldn't be a problem. Can the revo handle 1080? Don't really need it now but it might be nice.

gabbott Wrote:I bought 2 Revos, the 1600's. I stream all my content (mix of 720p and 180p) from a media server in my basement. I love these boxes, they are compact, low power, quiet.

So yes, they can, quite well Smile

Edit: sorry, my previous reply should have said 1080p, not 180p
What remote do you guys recommend? Also, looking at the specs of the 3610 I see it has the optical port....how are you guy hooking yours up to surround sound
Quicksilver2002 Wrote:What remote do you guys recommend?

If you can find an official MS remote that will cause the minimum pain. It will work out of the box with XBMC Live, or see http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Usi...in_Windows for using it in Windows.

You'll need to look on eBay as MS don't sell the remote any more. There are other compatible remotres around like the HP; see http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Rem...ol_Reviews for more info.

JR
Quicksilver2002 Wrote:Thanks for any advice!

This article was written just for you. Also check out these articles to keep you busy.

Good luck controlling your new addiction...
NS

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Newbie Looking for advice0