New user some questions
I am a brand new user of XBMC. I have a few questiuons/issues I would appreciate some help with.

I have all my movies (BR and DVD) ripped to an unRaid server. I placed XBMC on my Windows 7 development system to start looking at it. I own a Dune player.

First thing I saw was that the unraid server ("TOWER") did not show up in my network in XBMC although it does on all other machines on the network including the win 7 machine XBMC is running on. If I map a drive to the exported TOWER SMB shares (on the WIN 7 system) then those drives showed up in the XBMC list and I could access them. So my first question is: What do I need to do to see the "Tower" System? Is there something I have to do in setup or elsewhere to have XBMC see the "Tower" system (A slackware linux machine with exported smb shares)? Other systems (Win XP Boxes are seen by the XBMC application.

I told XBMC only to show me the mapped drives but it sort of insists on showing me drive "A" which does not exist, and Drive "O" (a removable device). How do I fix that?

When I ripped my movies I included subtitles (why I do not know, but I did). I now see subtitles showing up when I view a movie in XBMC. This happens both with BR and DVD rips. If I view the same movioe through a Dune Player, the sub titles do not appear. How do I turn off subtitles? I tried no teletext option in the movies context menu but that did not help.

If I can get things running smoothly I will probably look into building a little media player PC for my theater. The theater is controlled by a small fanless PC and I would use that but it does not have the audio capabilities I want.

For the new player PC I would need a mobo or mobo with plugin cards that will output 1920x1080p video (ideally at frame rates up to 120fps, 60 fps will do for now) and bistream audio over an hdmi connection. I could take the Video over HDMI and the Audio over a digital link but I want to get the audio from the new HD codecs (Master audio, true HD, 7.1 channels etc.). My A/V PrePro will handle all decoding of the audio and will scale and adjust all of the video as needed. A recommendation in this are would be very helpful.

Any Help/Advice/recommendations is greatly appreciated
What versions of XBMC are you running?

UNraid should work fine as an SMB share. Just to make sure you are going to:
VIDEOS > ADD SOURCE > BROWSE > WINDOWS NETWORK (SMB)
once there you should see TOWER
You should not need to map drives in orderr for SMB to work.

When a movie is palying hit "enter" then go to the audio part in the menu that appears. Turn off the subtitles. Then save for all movies.

120fps? Why? You might be searching for that solution for a long time.
barrygordon Wrote:When I ripped my movies I included subtitles (why I do not know, but I did). I now see subtitles showing up when I view a movie in XBMC. This happens both with BR and DVD rips. If I view the same movioe through a Dune Player, the sub titles do not appear. How do I turn off subtitles? I tried no teletext option in the movies context menu but that did not help.

This should help with that issue:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...+subtitles
Thanks for the quick replies.

re SMB shares. Yes I thought so too. WHat you described is exactly what I did. The Tower does not show up. I have to map the disk share to a letter to make it appear.

I will try the subtitle fix right away. Thanks

The only way I can see the unraid shares is if I map them to a letter on Win 7. I do not see the "Tower" as an SMB network point

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New user some questions0