Want your Input: Navigating Music Library - adding to playlist, etc
Question 
I'm intersted to hear how others handle navigating a large music library and adding items and/or entire genre's, etc to the Now Playing queue.

I've found a few 'issues'
- navigation tedious when adding multiple items
- adding entire folders/albums/genres not intuitive.

I'm hoping for a more elegant and simple way to do these so family and guests can do it without any major instruction.

thoughts?
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
Here's what made a big difference to me:

In XBMC music library options I selected the option to NOT automatically play next track.

This means that XBMC will play a whole album only if i tell it to - ie hitting play when that album is selected, not when the first track from the album is selected.

Thus I only have to tell family friends ec - the button for "play" the button for "queue" and the button to view the playlist and they pick it up pretty quickly.

(Otherwise loads of songs end up queued that weren't really chosen and clearing the playlist is a bit fiddly!)
For me I agree I don't think xbmc is ideal but only because a renote is difficult to manage a massive library and mouse, search and more tailored gui works better.

My workaround is itunes, I manage eveything in itunes and work only in library mode on xbmc, all genres are taken from the files all artwork is managed by an app called iart and I use an excellent free app called itunes export http://www.ericdaugherty.com/dev/itunesexport/ to convert my itunes playlists into xbmc.

In itunes expoort you can create custom locations and choose direction of slashes and where to save so exports valid m3u playlists for imediate use in xbmc.

I've moved to a centre mysql db so all music is available on all systems in the house and use synctoy 2.1 to keep thumbnails and playlist folders synced.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Want your Input: Navigating Music Library - adding to playlist, etc0