difference between Ember, MIP, Media Companion, MCM etc
hi guys,
i see all those media managers available here but what are their differences? what are their strengths and weaknesses as compared to each other?
is rather a matter of taste or are there fundamental differences?

also, i tried MIP and was shocked what it did to my tv shows library:
it added lots of new data (nfo files etc) into my folders and i don't like it actually.

i am a former mediaportal user and in mediaportal all those fanarts, thumbs, media information, posters were stored in an hidden folder contained into one file. is there a similar solution for xbmc? or do i have to live with the fact that all those files will be added to my media folders?

hope someone can help me out here.
thanks,
k
I am pretty sure all of them put the .nfo XMLs and .tbn JPGs into the folder. I know for a fact the ones you have mentioned do. I would recommend using Ember or MediaCompanion2 for now, keep an Eye on UMM it will be great once they put a few more touches on it (not to mention cross platform!!)

Now is there a reason you are using a nfo downloader? XBMCs scrappers work pretty well as long as your structure is even half way logical. You can also edit the regex if the videos you get have odd name.

Hope this helps,
Reg

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
difference between Ember, MIP, Media Companion, MCM etc0