• 3(current)
YuYu's XBMC CVS download-build-rar batch file
i'm not going to do an update for it, but you guys may want to update your aqt browser script, if you use it, to the latest from the project mayhem website...
(yuyu @ dec. 02 2004,01:15 Wrote:
(diontae16 @ nov. 30 2004,18:28 Wrote:ok, i looked and tested everything in your xbmc autobuild.bat script and everything seems to be a ok, better overall.  i also see that you have all of the correct files in the "web" folder. now, maybe you can do something for me. i need for you to manually download the cvs source and rebuild it all manually. after you finished, look in the media folder, the only files that're there are the following files "dsstdfx.bin", and "splash.png". i've been compiling manually for a while now and those other files such as the "fonts" and "textures" folders followed by the ".xpr" files are irrelevant because if they were, they would've been included in the cvs tree. the only files that matters in that media folder is "dsstdfx.bin" and "splash.png" also, look in this folder
q:\skin\ project mayhem\media\.
look at all the extra files that're there compared to the ones found in the project mayhem skin in your batch file. i don't know if all of them files are important or not cause even the skins on chokemaniac's website has only has 3 files in his. so no comment there, the only comment is about the extra irrelevant files in the media folder.

my overall rating:
9.6 out of 10.

awesome job, should'nt here any complaints because it builds perfectly now.
i like the rating system, very nice  :lol:

ok let me tackle these questions...

first, if you read any pinned topics for compiling xbmc you will see that those media files are needed. you copy them from
here in the cvs tree.

those extra files in the skins media folder, in the cvs tree, are what is compressed into that textures.xpr file. you just need the textures.xpr and the backgrounds for the skin in the media folder, all those others are only included in the cvs and not needed to run xbmc on the xbox.

hopefully i have been clear, if you need anymore questions answered or watn another feature that is doable, just ask Smile
ok, hmm, now i can update my compile guide once again. thanks for clearing thatup yuyu, now my new score (because of my recent unawareness) is
10 out of 10
perfect.
lana lang
also, since everything is already done for you like deleting of all the cvs entries, inclusion of all the supported python plug-ins, and codecs; this might convert some manual compilers to automatic compilers. not me, but maybe other manual compilers. :thumbsup:
lana lang
ok i am upping a new version. check the changelog for the updates. a few changes to the actual batch file and updated the scripts folder a bit.
(yuyu @ dec. 02 2004,13:35 Wrote:ok i am upping a new version. check the changelog for the updates. a few changes to the actual batch file and updated the scripts folder a bit.
ok yuyu, i'll test it for you as soon as the developers cvs coincides with the anonymous one. i wonder what you could've done now because i already gave it a perfect 10.
lana lang
(diontae16 @ dec. 02 2004,20:08 Wrote:
(yuyu @ dec. 02 2004,13:35 Wrote:ok i am upping a new version. check the changelog for the updates. a few changes to the actual batch file and updated the scripts folder a bit.
ok yuyu, i'll test it for you as soon as the developers cvs coincides with the anonymous one. i wonder what you could've done now because i already gave it a perfect 10.
i didn't do much really to it at all, just the stuff that is in the changelog, that's all... it is pretty sweet now as instead of puasing at the end of the script to know that it ran, it writes a log file to the finished builds directory so that you can schedule it as a task and it will just run itself and disappear, leaving the finished build and the log file behind to show it worked! Smile
i get the following when i try and run the script.
it looks to me like the setdir thing is never called.
also, i noticed that the setdir.bat file is deleted when the main file is finished.

Quote:starting core functionality...
-------------------------------------------
extracting files to be used...
the filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.
removing any old xbmc directories...
(jgawera @ dec. 03 2004,12:54 Wrote:i get the following when i try and run the script.
also, i noticed that the setdir.bat file is deleted when the main file is finished.

i also had this problems ... Sad

i changed path to unrar.exe wich was wrong but when i run the script it deletes all files and only saves a filelog.
Livingroom: MacMini Mid summer 2010 4Gb RAM HDMI to Pioneer PDP-434 Plasma 1080i
Kitchen: one xbox 1.1 executer 2.3 chip 120 GB in HD 720p mode
Bedroom: Computer Intel Quad 9400, 8 GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX260, Vista Ultimate 64, Ubuntu 10.10
(jgawera @ dec. 03 2004,11:54 Wrote:i get the following when i try and run the script.

i think it's because you have to run the setdir.bat file before you run the xbmcdbr.bat file. running the setdir puts the variables into the xbmcdbr.bat before you start.[quote]
ok, that worked, maybe i should have read the readme Smile
one small thing, the unrar path was not set, but the rar path was
i've changed this manually in xbmcdbr.bat and it seems to work ok.

it's still downloading cvs so i'll let you know how it goes.

[edit]
ok, it's downloading but i get the following some way through the cvs download
Quote:cvs checkout: [23:26:33] waiting for bobbin007's lock in /cvsroot/xbmc/xbmc/mpla
yer/codecs
should it be trying to lock files?
[/edit]
thanks
(jgawera @ dec. 03 2004,15:53 Wrote:[edit]
Quote:cvs checkout: [23:26:33] waiting for bobbin007's lock in /cvsroot/xbmc/xbmc/mpla
yer/codecs
[/edit]
thanks
this is just the cvs, nothing to worry about i should think..

about your problem with the directory setter,, i am upping a quick fix now, the unrar.exe was not set to change properly in the main batch file when you run the directory setter...
(yuyu @ dec. 04 2004,02:22 Wrote:
(jgawera @ dec. 03 2004,15:53 Wrote:[edit]
yer/codecs
[/edit]
thanks
this is just the cvs, nothing to worry about i should think..

about your problem with the directory setter,, i am upping a quick fix now, the unrar.exe was not set to change properly in the main batch file when you run the directory setter...
yeah, i was going to ask you about that cause i could'nt get it to compile so that i can test it and give it another 10 out of 10 ,lol.
lana lang
yuyu, got it to work, thanks

any chance you can link to the changelog.txt from the first post aswell? it used to be in the readme, now it's separate, would be nice to be able to read it before downloading the package.

thanks
ok, i bet you're probably wondering "where's my input". ok here it is. i downloaded and tryed out your newly auto-batch script today. i have not much to say because there are no negativities. i'm going to give it the same rating as i gave it before a 10 out of 10.
lana lang
(diontae16 @ dec. 06 2004,23:20 Wrote:ok, i bet you're probably wondering "where's my input". ok here it is. i downloaded and tryed out your newly auto-batch script today. i have not much to say because there are no negativities. i'm going to give it the same rating as i gave it before a 10 out of 10.
nice !! :kickass:
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YuYu's XBMC CVS download-build-rar batch file0