Remote 'BACK' acting as 'douple tap'
Hi guys,

I have a little problem, i'm using eventghost to control XBMC on a Windows 7 Ultimate OS... It's working great, the only flaw is that i use MCE 7 for it's PVR functionality... So i do not want to disable HID.

By not disabling HID this allows me to push the green button within xbmc to boot into Media center and use the live tv if need be, then when i quit MCE, xbmc will maximise and i can continue along my way.

So that said, if i disable the "back" button from the previous menu macro, or parent dir macro, it does still work... obviously because this function is already keymapped to backspace for MCE.

BUT!!! this does not work flawlessly as you'd think... I am still unable to go BACK, in certain spots. Does anyone have a solution to this problemHuh
If your remote works with Media Center it almost certainly works in XBMC without needing EventGhost. See http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Usi..._with_XBMC for details.

JR
I was affraid someone would send me a link to that wiki. YES it does work, it works well in xbmc BUT, when I push back it takes me back twice as if the button is double pushed. I've seen a few posts around, people are having the same issue.
Does anyone out there have a solution to this?
Not to worry, I've fixed the issue.

To anyone interested, here's what i did. I'm using a remote coded with the 'microsoft remote' functions... NOT TO BE MISTAKEN WITH THE GENERIC MCE REMOTE FUNCTIONS! ...

of course these functions work a little differently... So after using eventghost to map everything the way i want it, i found the back button would play funny buggers.

head on over to here : http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Usi...in_Windows

follow the tutorial.... I used 'Remote-SendKeys.reg' because i want the full functionality of the remote in Windows Media Center 7 as i use this to record and play back Live TV.

after funning the .reg file, i just rebooted... started up eventghost... Mapped the keys that were not recognised by XBMC and off she went!

worked like a charm.

Cheers,
Log.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remote 'BACK' acting as 'douple tap'0