MCE Remote / Harmony - Aspire Revo 1600
iZod - your incredible words of wisdom and terrific screencaptures/files got my Harmony up and running as well!

Thanks so much.
Sweet - glad I could help more than one! Nice to see that it transfers well. I seriously spent a good 6 hours of my life getting everything to play nice. I always wondered why no one just had something that was an easy download.
Izod517 Wrote:Sweet - glad I could help more than one! Nice to see that it transfers well. I seriously spent a good 6 hours of my life getting everything to play nice. I always wondered why no one just had something that was an easy download.

i agree considering harmony remotes are fairly common. really appreciate the time you spent in making it easier not just for myself but others as you can see. kudos! Nod
Izod517 Wrote:http://www.mediafire.com/?wtdtwzoyytg

Ok that's got pics of my Harmony setup in the Harmony software, the remote.xml (.xbmc/userdata/keymaps), lircd.conf (/etc/lirc), lircmap.xml (.xbmc/userdata), and even hardware.conf (/etc/lirc)

A lot of it is personal preference but this works perfectly for me. (There are a few optional lines like the joystick line that can be removed in remote.xml, I added that to disable my wireless joystick in XBMC).

I believe the selected device may actually be Media Center PC and not MCE Remote. Computer > Media Center PC > Microsoft > Windows Media Center (as model). I'm fairly positive I had the same setup working as MCE Remote.

For an explanation on the additional custom buttons I set up I used this guide (roughly):
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=67350

But first and foremost see if this setup works or see if Windows Media Center PC works as your Harmony device selection.

I hope either works, I would have killed a small animal for this when I was working on mine.

I truly appreciate this. It seems the software has changed slightly... I do not have some of the available actions so I will try to find the best alternatives (for example, there is no "Back" but there is "Return").

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MCE Remote / Harmony - Aspire Revo 16000