Best skin for remote control use?
Hello,

I'm using the Confluence skin, which I like a lot, but I've bumped into a few problems when using it with an universal remote control.

So, basically, when I'm browsing a video library list, I can't go to the home icon using the remote's cursor keys. This is the worst case, but I think there are others like that.

So, is there any skin that could avoid this?
Ha! I mostly use my aTV with a remote, so I never knew that was even a button because its not reachable via the remote. Looking at the skin file, I believe it's only accessible with the mouse. There's no way the up/dn/left/right navigation controls can get there as it doesn't even have an id. To get home quickly, I do Context Menu->Root->Back

Speaking of skins, I've been playing with Ellipsis. It's very remote friendly which is important with the aTV. You only get 6 buttons by default (they are dual action though if you hold the button for a long press), and 10 or 12 extra ones if you configure universal remote support.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Thanks, kraqh3d. I'll try Ellipsis, then.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best skin for remote control use?0