[Linux]1080p playback having problem using VDPAU with ION Board/Ubuntu 10.04
Hi, I have an Ion based motherboard running on Ubuntu 10.04 right now, after various of problems facing Ubuntu and hardware compatibility, I finally come to point that I play my media files, but I noticed that my 1080p files will not play properly, giving only 8-12fps and 1.6MBits/s of data even with VDPAU turned on! when I view the playback information, it says FF-H264 only, when I watched some youtube videos, it shows as FF-H264_VDPAU, so I highly doubt that my VDPAU is actually in use.

However, I do not know where it went wrong that it doesn't play using VDPAU. I installed the NVIDIA Driver through System -> Administration -> Hardware Drivers, I'm not sure if this has an effect, but the main reason i didn't install using repository is that there is no latest commands or the ppa no matter how I search for the 10.04 version, if anyone could give me a heads up it would be much appreciated! Thanks!
have you set the renderer to VDPAU under system->video->playback?
neil.j1983 Wrote:have you set the renderer to VDPAU under system->video->playback?

Yes, I did already.
try sudo apt-get install libvdpau1

Could also try adding the Nvidia repository

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:nvidia-vdpau/ppa

then try sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install nvidia-195-modaliases nvidia-glx-195 libvdpau1

Also, pastebin a debug log
cowfodder Wrote:try sudo apt-get install libvdpau1

then try sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install nvidia-195-modaliases nvidia-glx-195 libvdpau1

Sorry, I am kind of new to linux, how do I go about to pastebin a debug log?
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Log_file#In_...ms_and_IRC
the nvidia ppa is lacking in lucid nvidia-glx drivers..

if u are on karmic 9.10, u can try doing the nvidia ppa steps described a few posts before this one...
farbird Wrote:the nvidia ppa is lacking in lucid nvidia-glx drivers..

if u are on karmic 9.10, u can try doing the nvidia ppa steps described a few posts before this one...

Didn't know the nvidia repo was lacking the lucid drivers.......

I think that this package should work.

Just download it then sudo ./NVIDIA-Linux-x86-195.36.24-pkg1.run to install

64-bit version
cowfodder Wrote:try sudo apt-get install libvdpau1

This did the job! I am not able to play 1080p at 24fps! Thank you for all your great help, much appreciated.
are you on lucid or karmic?
Quote:Didn't know the nvidia repo was lacking the lucid drivers.......

I think that this package should work.

They are refering to the ppa:nvidia-vdpau/ppa
where v 190 & 195 is missing. (last time I checked)

185 is workning fine for me though...
vikjon0 Wrote:They are refering to the ppa:nvidia-vdpau/ppa
where v 190 & 195 is missing. (last time I checked)

185 is workning fine for me though...

Well, if that's what they were talking about, the Nvidia repo has 190 and 195 last I looked (2 days ago when I reinstalled my system). You just have to specify which one you want.
there are no lucid drivers in the nvidia ppa, and he said which one he has in the bloody title!
just run
Quote:sudo apt-get install nvidia-current libvdpau-dev
this will keep you up to date with close to the latest drivers, 195.36.15 at the moment. and install all the libvdpau deps.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Linux]1080p playback having problem using VDPAU with ION Board/Ubuntu 10.040