• 8(current)
[BETA] Shade - A new skin for XBMC
circle_ Wrote:What about the other suggestions he made? Valid points. I don't like having a Recently Added on my home screen either.

Turn off recently added, then the bottom will just be an opaque black bar.
To learn more, click here.
I am guessing from the lack of issues being added that there arent many bugs left? If we are more towards feature requests, I'm a happy camper. Smile
igotdvds Wrote:I am guessing from the lack of issues being added that there arent many bugs left? If we are more towards feature requests, I'm a happy camper. Smile

Thats not very good reasoning at all Smile I personally could think of a few other conclusions
* Limited people testing = limited reports
* They aren't really testing the skin just using it and on a day to day basis you see about 20% of a skin so 80% is going unchecked
* They installed it didn't like it changed back to what they were using

But thats being negative Smile I hope its what you said Cool
none of the sshots in first post works, please find a better imagehost Smile
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Jezz_X Wrote:Thats not very good reasoning at all Smile I personally could think of a few other conclusions
* Limited people testing = limited reports
* They aren't really testing the skin just using it and on a day to day basis you see about 20% of a skin so 80% is going unchecked
* They installed it didn't like it changed back to what they were using

But thats being negative Smile I hope its what you said Cool

Lol, thanks for the uplifting words Jezz. Sad

I was hoping I could spark some interest to do more testing. Speaking of which Jezz, I dont believe you done any testing with it, would you mind?

pike Wrote:none of the sshots in first post works, please find a better imagehost Smile

I exceeded my bandwidth, I will upload them to a new account shortly.
One small issue I've noticed.

When watching a video, if I use the player controls and go to the audio settings, when changing audio from Digital to Analog, the option to downmix multi channel audio to stereo becomes greyed out. I then have to exit and go into settings to change it from there.

Otherwise everything else I've tested seems to be working.
kurnalbert Wrote:One small issue I've noticed.

When watching a video, if I use the player controls and go to the audio settings, when changing audio from Digital to Analog, the option to downmix multi channel audio to stereo becomes greyed out. I then have to exit and go into settings to change it from there.

Otherwise everything else I've tested seems to be working.

Screenshot please, and if you could post it in the issues list on the Shade page, that would be great.
So far, this has been a beautiful skin. I think my only gripe would be that it hasn't been optimized for use on the Xbox yet (and won't until the source is released). I've had multiple freezes and some media won't play until I switch skins or reboot (but this has occurred on other skins also).

But when it does work, it works great. I love the views and the simplicity of the home screen (with Recently Added turned off).

There is one issue in noticed on the Xbox: The submenu items on the Home screen don't highlight fully (the item isn't covered fully by the overlay). I can take a screenshot when I get home.

Otherwise, AWESOME!

Pico
Without mentioning any other skins how about a compromise on the Home screen?

I love some of your layouts and you seem to have a great eye for design but I struggle to love the home screen, what about a minimal version where you fade out the icons and the opaque box leaving just the time and temperature at the top and the name of the menu as it is, perhaps with a small arrow to indicate which way to scroll. Can you tell I like minimalist home screens? Big Grin
Avigrace Wrote:Without mentioning any other skins how about a compromise on the Home screen?

I love some of your layouts and you seem to have a great eye for design but I struggle to love the home screen, what about a minimal version where you fade out the icons and the opaque box leaving just the time and temperature at the top and the name of the menu as it is, perhaps with a small arrow to indicate which way to scroll. Can you tell I like minimalist home screens? Big Grin

Djeglin did the designing, but we may can compromise. Can you do a concept drawing (even if its crappy) of how you want it to look and we might add it as an option.
Many apologies, I am not a graphics designer, I guess you would fade the fanarts a litttle to make the fonts stand out. The point is to make it fit into the current home page so all you need to do is hide the rest (icons, recently added etc)

I was thinking something like this as you could just remove the top bar and opaque window and should be easier to code/mod.

or maybe this one as it is a little clearer.
Avigrace Wrote:Many apologies, I am not a graphics designer, I guess you would fade the fanarts a litttle to make the fonts stand out. The point is to make it fit into the current home page so all you need to do is hide the rest (icons, recently added etc)

I was thinking something like this as you could just remove the top bar and opaque window and should be easier to code/mod.

or maybe this one as it is a little clearer.

To move away from having the icons at all would take away from the initial design. If djeglin come sup with something that suits the skins style, we can look at it, but I fear text only would mimic too many other skins. My apologies.
Scroll View with Logos enabled.

Those are logos, not clearArt. Wink

Just thought I'd correct you since it's the second time you've made that mistake, and actually it was pointed out the first time and you acknowledged it, lol.

That view looks awesome though.
B-Fir3 Wrote:Those are logos, not clearArt. Wink

Just thought I'd correct you since it's the second time you've made that mistake, and actually it was pointed out the first time and you acknowledged it, lol.

That view looks awesome though.

lol, I call em all clearart b/c it used to be the standard. Laugh
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[BETA] Shade - A new skin for XBMC5