• 6(current)
[BETA] Shade - A new skin for XBMC
This is more of a personal preference, but on the home screen with the recently added info and all, is it possible to get rid of the white box at the bottom? I was also wondering the same thing about the removing the white box in some of the episode views as well. Is it necessary, like in order in to see plot and all?
Also does this happen to anyone else, when I scroll over music I get a black screen, but for a split second when I scroll away the picture shows just for a second.
Just found out my earlier problem, when I have show recently added for the settings enabled, the music backdrop just doesnt show up, when it is not on it is there. Any clues?
Sorry one more, this may just be me though, when your in the poster view with the info on the right, if you let the view menu go away, there is no way to bring it back up, pressing up will not bring it back up, had to change skins and change a view and then switch back.
igotdvds Wrote:New Clearart option.

clearart or logo ?
ppic Wrote:clearart or logo ?

I'd say logo Smile clearart should have some of the cast in it Smile
ppic Wrote:clearart or logo ?

Logo.
To learn more, click here.
ValiantXI Wrote:Sorry one more, this may just be me though, when your in the poster view with the info on the right, if you let the view menu go away, there is no way to bring it back up, pressing up will not bring it back up, had to change skins and change a view and then switch back.

Check the issues on the page you downloaded the beta from, many questions have been answered.
Version 1.4 Uploaded.
would it be possible to integrate a music videos category into shade? Like for ex. in ellipsis
exabyte55242 Wrote:would it be possible to integrate a music videos category into shade? Like for ex. in ellipsis

Could you give me some screenshots of how other skins handle music videos, I've never used them.
Sure, here goes.

Finding source containing music videos

Setting content to music videos and choosing scraper

After a succesfull scan, the music videos icon in the menu becomes visible

A library for music videos (something like plot should be on the place where the Music Videos sign is)

Hope it helps, btw. great work so far :-)
Next week I have time to test it properly, but my first impressions are that it runs very bad on the ION platform. Many views are to slow to use. If I use a skin like Night, it runs very smooth, so I guess there is something wrong in this beta version which make it run slower.

Didn't try 1.4 just yet (still 1.0), will do that tommorow.
Dannydeman Wrote:Next week I have time to test it properly, but my first impressions are that it runs very bad on the ION platform. Many views are to slow to use. If I use a skin like Night, it runs very smooth, so I guess there is something wrong in this beta version which make it run slower.

Didn't try 1.4 just yet (still 1.0), will do that tommorow.

I have no idea why things run smoother in different scenarios. I make everything on my PC and it runs smooth on there. Maybe someone could shed some light on what thinks take up more cpu than others and how I could fix it.
Movies seems to be a killer, TV shows is fast as hell, but when I have gone to movies especially with 1500 odd movies, it can be slow to load.

I am running an i7 920 processor with 4 gigs of ram, forget these ion crap machines, ok TV shows doesnt seem to be as fast as I had first thought.

It does seem to have a slight lag, and would be worse on a low spec machine.
I'm not a newbie. I always act this dumb.

Home Cinema Setup
-------------------
37 inch TV - Intel I3 530 @ 2.9GHZ - 4 Gig Memory - Silverstone home cinema case (silver)
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[BETA] Shade - A new skin for XBMC5