Operation not permitted error with shared SQL Database
Hey guys (firnsy especially ;-))

i have a 3 computer-setup @ home and went the mysql-database-way developed by firnsy and described in the thread (setting up a mysql server on my nas, point the database on every xbmc client to this server through adding some advancedsettings.xml):

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=15971

but allways i have a strange issue on my mac mini (running mac os x 10.6)
while the windows 7 pc's run smooth and without errors.

description:
when i navigate on my macmini through the database structure and enter the deepest dir (like the latest episode from fringe) a popup comes up with

"Error. Operation not permitted!" After clicking Ok the error pops up again 2 secs later. i do not know how to solve it. it only happens after entering the deepes dir not before!

the database-structure seems okay.
smb://NAS/series/Fringe/Fringe.S01E11/ f.i. should be accessible from all clients.

any suggestions?
-= XBMC Lover © 2006 =-
---------------------------------------
XBMC @ Lenovo Q180, harmony one, Sony Bravia KDL-55W905, Marantz SR5006, MySQL XBMC Database @ Synology DS-409+ (thx Firnsy)
XBMC @ Lenovo Q150 and a Panasonic Plasma for bedrooming ;)
oh man. no answer yet. i tried some more workarounds but didnt get a solution for my problem. if anyone got mysql on a mac os x to work feel free to contact here in the thread.

i imagined that ther error only pops up when im trying to access the series tree. movies work fine. strange strange.
-= XBMC Lover © 2006 =-
---------------------------------------
XBMC @ Lenovo Q180, harmony one, Sony Bravia KDL-55W905, Marantz SR5006, MySQL XBMC Database @ Synology DS-409+ (thx Firnsy)
XBMC @ Lenovo Q150 and a Panasonic Plasma for bedrooming ;)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Operation not permitted error with shared SQL Database0