Problem with IMDB Scraper reading all possible items
I am new to this forum so please excuse my naivite and possible misplacement of this thread. I am using XBMC for Mac (9.11) and am having a problem getting the IMDB movie scraper to see the right movie even though a search for the movie on the IMDB web site pulls it up easily. A specific example is The Alamo. All the scraper sees is the 1960 version, not the 2004 version, so it is not possible to correct the misread by refreshing the info and selecting a different one from the list (it only displays one possible choice). Is there a way around this or is there a way to just manually enter the movie info?
If it only shows the one choice, then it sounds like that's the only one the search on imdb is returning. Are you sure you don't have a .nfo file there pointing to the (incorrect) URL on imdb?

You should be able to do a "Manual" lookup on that selection dialog - see the button in the bottom left. Add the year onto the search string.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

The strange thing is if you go to the imdb web site and do the search using the same name string it returns the other movie choices. My scraper is set to IMDB.com. I wouldn't know where to look for a .nfo file that might be misdirecting the url. If I select Manual lookup, the correct year is already there and the search result ends up the same.
Do you have an nfo file in the folder where the movie is? If so, open it. If it contains a url (anywhere in it), that url will be fetched.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
I don't have nfo files anywhere. Are there supposed to be ones in XBMC on a Mac?
Xbmc doesnt create nfo files (unless you tell it to with Export Library.) Were you able to correct the movie using the Refresh button from the Movie Info dialog and then choosing Manual Lookup?

Enable debugging, replicate the problem, and post the log file for review. (Use pastebin to host the log and just post a link.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem with IMDB Scraper reading all possible items0