Looping weather radar script now available
although a test version of xradar has been available on my website for some time now, due to problems with the encoding of the gifs from the noaa website, it's been worthless on the xbox.

now, i've finally got a working script. it uses images from weather channel's website and, although it provides significantly fewer options and ranges than noaa did, these images actually display!

currently, xradar only works for u.s. zip codes. i imagine it's probably possible to expand that, but i wanted to make the script available as soon as possible.

visit my website (link is in my sig) to download the newest release of xradar. read the included "readme.txt" for instructions on proper setup.

as always, i invite as much feedback as possible. please let me know what you think of it, and how you crash it. :-)

alexpoet
For scripts, script development tools, and documentation, visit my website:
http://www.maskedfox.com/xbmc/
alexpoet,

very cool script but it doesn't display any images. i keep getting "error downloading images", "no images available for that area and mode". i tried several us zipcodes, but to no avail. do you have any suggestions for a remedy?
i tried several zip codes including the default zip code and it never worked for me. also, i was unable to back out of the script using the a or back button.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Looping weather radar script now available0