• 1(current)
Night Release Thread
Night started as a project for myself to learn skinning but quickly evolved into a full skin. It's main features include: TV Show Logos, Bigger Episode thumbs, more realistic 3D thumbs in some views, and keeping fanart complimentary rather than the focus. Amongst other features just a skin that tries to do things differently...ENJOY!

Release Trailer - Youtube link

If you go into the setting section and you have a section for "addons" use git...If there isn't a "addon" section use the regular download:

DOWNLOAD - Up to date 7/25/2010, pre-merge compatible. Pre-10.5 compatible

10.5 Support
The link below is my github account, this Post explains "How To" use GIT on Windows, though only for merge versions as of 6-19-2010:
git://github.com/bartowski/skin.night.git

Or ppic and the XBMC-Passion site compile all skins every day, you can download a .zip of the 10.5 compatible Night - HERE

*Both versions assume you have logos in the root of the TV Show folder, see this thread for more info...

Some Notes:

A solid 99% done, mostly just finishing requests and suggestions now

Quote:AS OF 6-2-2010 THERE IS NOW A SCRIPT INCLUDED IN THE SKIN TO AUTOMATE LOGO DOWNLOADING, THX PPIC

If you like to say thanks, please consider donating any amount no matter how small to one of the below:

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
Congratulations, nice project ! Big Grin

I'll check it out, and give you later on some feedback.

BTW: @all: you may get the TVShow-Logos over here at mcborzu's Thread --> LINK

Edit: I got a file error while unzipping the file. Action.jpg is broken.
Just rename this picture to Action.jpg and put in into this folder...
--> X:\Program Files\XBMC\skin\Night\media\extras\moviegenres

Then everything should be fine..

Regards
ubuntuf4n
Im probably not on the right release (using teamxbmc live release) but figure I'd give it a try anyways.

Just from initial browsing and navigating through different menus and views, its looking good. I love the look of the homescreen and the "3D" poster view is excellent.

A couple things came to mind so far:
- When you have music playing and on the homescreen, the "Now Playing" part is on same side as the menu. Anyway to re-position that to the right-corner? (unless thats part of the misalign you refer to in the other thread with an older release package?)

- Another music question, when the visualization comes on .. it also shows the "Now Playing" on the bottom left corner along with time elasped on the right corner, is it suppose to stay on all the time?

Anyhow, thanks for great release! Nod
ubuntuf4n Wrote:Will you release it on svn or completely move to svn, so that user are able to be always easily up-to-date `?

He linked the git repo pay attention. Tongue
hikaricore, I've edited my post, thanks..
Just to clarify, does tortoisesvn work with github flawless ?
Where can I download the xbmc version 29717?

Can someone post a link?

I can never find the page where these are located. All I can find is the 9.11 and the night versions. And I don't know how to compile xbmc.

I've been dying to test this new skin out!! looks great.
you can also use an earlier version.
ubuntuf4n Wrote:hikaricore, I've edited my post, thanks..
Just to clarify, does tortoisesvn work with github flawless ?

I wouldn't know I've never used tortise or any other svn/git frontend.
fonzie Wrote:Where can I download the xbmc version 29717?

Can someone post a link?

I can never find the page where these are located. All I can find is the 9.11 and the night versions. And I don't know how to compile xbmc.

I've been dying to test this new skin out!! looks great.

http://sshcs.com/xbmc/
Sad 
Hi,

Having problems with zip extraction. I am getting a CRC error. Has anyone else had this problem?
Hi Broads,

Same here, cannot unzip the file correctly...
Oo
Broads Wrote:Hi,

Having problems with zip extraction. I am getting a CRC error. Has anyone else had this problem?

The second post has the remedy.

btw, thanks hitcher. That's exactly what I was looking for.
The zip file is fine. I just checked it.
hello ,

I like this skin very much . Nod

but have one question:
Is it possible to get music wallview in file mode,
because my music collection is a mess when i use it in lib. mode.

THANKS for the already nice skin
Thanks Fonzie, didn't see the 2nd post
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Night Release Thread2