Music stops when no video signal
G'day all,

I'm not sure where to begin in tracking this problem down.

I'm running nightly build r28256 on windows 7 64bit, all hooked up to my tv via hdmi. Audio is hooked up via toslink to
my amp.

If I set up some music playing and leave my tv on, there are no problems, all is well, music plays as expected.

However, if I turn the tv off, or change the input on the tv to something other than the htpc, the music stops playing at the end of the currently playing song (quite strangely not immediately when then input is changed) .

If I then switch the tv input back to the htpc, the music kicks off again.

And there in lies the difficulty, how can I track down the problem, when it doesn't exist if I can see the desktopHuh

I don't have the faintest idea if this is to do with the build I'm using, the version of windows, the nvidia drivers I'm using... I realise that this may well have nothing to do with xbmc!

If anyone can assist here, or point me in a direction, I'd be most appreciative!

Cheers,
Glenn.
My guess is you're having an HDCP issue with your amp. A friend of mine had to get the firmware in his amp updated to correct a similar issue.
Thanks for the post - some bizarre issues raise their heads sometimes.

I have nutted this out now though, it seems that if in the NVIDIA control panel, I have Audio Enabled on HDMI then if the video signal disappears then the audio signal does too, despite the fact that it's not running through the HDMI, it's on the SPDIF.

Problem solved - ensure audio is not enabled on hdmi... (not ideal, but it works)...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music stops when no video signal0