[MAC] Audio CD play
I'm sorry if this a repost (tried to search the forum but audo+cd gave ALOT of hits :|).

I have a Mac mini running Snow Leopard,
I've checked the "auto play audio cd" and it works just fine.
However when i want to listen to the cd again and open the CD mount (with the .aiff files) all i get is a horible noise.
So, probly me beeing stupid, but how do i play an audio cd?

Atm I have to eject the cd and insert it again and let the autoplay start.

-Z
The .aiff files aren't the ones you should be opening (though ofcourse XBMC shouldn't make a bunch of nasty noise when you do!)

You should be able to open the CD drive (it should be an auto source in music files) and see a bunch of .cdda files, or (if cddb lookups are on) a bunch of actual track titles.

I haven't tried this on OS X for some time, however, so I'm not sure if it's working correctly or not.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Nope, All i get i a list with (correctly named) aiff files and when i try to play them there is that horrible noise...

"AIFF (Audio Interchange File Format) is a file format used by Macintosh computers and Silicon Graphics Incorporated to store and transmit high-quality audio data such as music. It can store monaural, stereo or multi-channel sound as used for soundtracks. Apple Computer developed the AIFF format in 1987-88 in accordance with Electronic Arts Interchange File Format (IFF) standards. For this reason, AIFF files might have the extension .aif or .ief."

That's not a "standard" music CD. Could be XBMC is confused by the .aiff extension and want's to see .aif.

Move one file to the local disk, play it, if same problem rename the extension, play it.
You aren't actually opening XBMC's CD share there - you're opening the mounted CD drive that OSX has given you.

You should be instead getting a cdda:// share or similar showing in the root of Music Files.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MAC] Audio CD play0