Build for XBMC svn.28276+
Thanks Sharpe - I heard that they're currently moving the scrapers over to the new addons structure so scrapers may be down at the moment so i guess I'll continue to hold off for a little while Smile

With the latest Back Row XBMC 28275 will open, but now I get a script failed:recentlyadded.py error message on startup and all the recently added entries on the home page are blank.

28275 is from before the addons break though, so there is no addons folder and i don't think i should need to run the .bat file , although i tried that too and stil get the error.

Thanks
What error? The recently added items error?

I need to put an older version of the script back in that will work with pre 28276 stuff

Try replacing the script in extas with this one let me know how that works

http://www.mediafire.com/?mmjynmmjdin
Also, sorry to be a bore but my mods to home.xml in the 720p folder won't take effect any more ("singles" replacing "songs" in music sub-menu, and movies defaulting to "recently added movies"). Do i know have to edit a different file? Thanks Smile
kiboy6 Wrote:Yup, that works perfectly now..thanks!

Also, sorry to be a bore but my mods to home.xml in the 720p folder won't take effect any more ("singles" replacing "songs" in music sub-menu, and movies defaulting to "recently added movies"). Do i know have to edit a different file? Thanks Smile

No worries, if you replaced your modded 720p folder obviously you'd need to reapply the mods - but I guess that you know that - are you saying that it's not reading the home controls from the skin's 720p folder? Try making sure that you don't have another older copy of the skin in the AppData folder.
Sharpe Wrote:No worries, if you replaced your modded 720p folder obviously you'd need to reapply the mods - but I guess that you know that - are you saying that it's not reading the home controls from the skin's 720p folder? Try making sure that you don't have another older copy of the skin in the AppData folder.

Thanks so much Sharpe. Got it all sorted now - I was reapplying the mods in the wrong place as things have changed around a bit Smile
Great skin, but no french translation available and the localisation of the file is not showned when you press info ...
Do you know french?? If so, would you be able to help add a French one? You will be given proper credit. I personally only know like 2-3 things to say i learned in high school like 20+ years ago. Smile
djdafreund Wrote:Do you know french?? If so, would you be able to help add a French one? You will be given proper credit. I personally only know like 2-3 things to say i learned in high school like 20+ years ago. Smile

Yes I am french and I know English !! so I can translate strings.xml !!

But I love this skin but as I said in my previous post, Back row doesn't show the path where the video file is (after clicking on Info button).

I need this information !! So if there isn't this information, I will not use this skin , so I will translate it but later latre later ...

Regards !!
I second the request for file path in the info. Sometimes it's necessary to edit associated nfo files.
kodi from https://github.com/eternalsword/xbmc/tree/delta, transparency 7.1.5, funtoo kernel 3.18.0
So other skins do this then? If so, maybe when Sharpe get's some time (he's the coder), he might be able to look at it and add the change to do this.

EDIT- Wow is Sharpe FAAAST!!!! He's already added this request as of today. How's THAT for speed with requests!??!!?? CrAzy mAn. LOL.
"Update: Added File path info to video info dialog"
Thanks !!

Another request: is backrow compatible with pvr-testing branch ??

Thanks
No I've not really looked at the pvr branch
djdafreund Wrote:So other skins do this then? If so, maybe when Sharpe get's some time (he's the coder), he might be able to look at it and add the change to do this.

EDIT- Wow is Sharpe FAAAST!!!! He's already added this request as of today. How's THAT for speed with requests!??!!?? CrAzy mAn. LOL.
"Update: Added File path info to video info dialog"

Thanks for the speedy update as usual Sharpe -

I remember in the past you were understandably against this feature, as you felt that XBMC should remain an opaque front-end.

I for one still wanted it in, but given your previous stance I'm a bit surprised how prominent the path now is on the info page....IMO it might be better tucked away amongst the rest of the info in the top half of the screen, so you only really see it if your looking for it. What do you think? Is that feasible?

-----

I see that this thread, and the .bat are now titled 28276+ Smile
kiboy6 Wrote:Thanks for the speedy update as usual Sharpe -

I remember in the past you were understandably against this feature, as you felt that XBMC should remain an opaque front-end.

I for one still wanted it in, but given your previous stance I'm a bit surprised how prominent the path now is on the info page....IMO it might be better tucked away amongst the rest of the info in the top half of the screen, so you only really see it if your looking for it. What do you think? Is that feasible?

-----

I see that this thread, and the .bat are now titled 28276+ Smile

Yep you're spot on - my main objection to putting the file path up amongst the movie info labels was that it didn't really have anything at all to do with the scraped metadata and it would mean another long scrolling label to distract the eye but this time comprised of a load of spurious network path info as opposed to actual movie information. That's the problem with the way I've currently set the diaglog up. You can't simply tuck it away with the other labels because it would mean having to move the film classification images, resizing the movie thumb, resizing the plot info area, resizing the cast thumbs and resizing the cast controls area. This was an attempt to avoid having to change the whole design (which I like) just to put a label on saying that the movie was on my hard drive! But as you say it's perhaps too prominent now - Yeah I'm thinking that I probably need to play around with PS a bit more and mock up a whole new redesign. For which suggestions are always very welcome.

Sharpe Wrote:Yep you're spot on - my main objection to putting the file path up amongst the movie info labels was that it didn't really have anything at all to do with the scraped metadata and it would mean another long scrolling label to distract the eye but this time comprised of a load of spurious network path info as opposed to actual movie information. That's the problem with the way I've currently set the diaglog up. You can't simply tuck it away with the other labels because it would mean having to move the film classification images, resizing the movie thumb, resizing the plot info area, resizing the cast thumbs and resizing the cast controls area. This was an attempt to avoid having to change the whole design (which I like) just to put a label on saying that the movie was on my hard drive! But as you say it's perhaps too prominent now - Yeah I'm thinking that I probably need to play around with PS a bit more and mock up a whole new redesign. For which suggestions are always very welcome.

How to have the same view like yours .. if I choose Movie information I have this view ...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Build for XBMC svn.28276+1