Problems with Grub when installing from live-cd
Here's my setup:

Running a Zotac IonITX 330 atom F-E. Have a 500 gb maxtor sata drive connected to it and i'm using an external sony cd reader.

I am trying to install to the hard drive, and everything works fine until it gets to the grub setup part. I get this error:

"The 'grub-pc' package failed to install into /target/. Without the GRUB boot loader, the installed system will not boot."
Hi cassetti,

Did you find a solution for this as I'm having the same issue?

Dash
I just read another post where the op mentioned that debian attempts to install legacy grub when this happens. If this is the correct solution you should:

Quote:add priority=low at the end of the boot command. This will trigger "expert mode". Manually select legacy grub.

You can also manually specify where to install the boot loader if thats the issue. Use expert mode for this to.
Ok, I now remember that xbmc-live unlike standard karmic is using legacy grub by default. Thats why your problem cant be grub2..Ignore this suggestion.
I'm having the exact same problem.. :S Any help would be appreciated!
update: After trying to install/format the drive 15 different ways I was finally able to get LILO installed (on MBR) instead of GRUB, and now it boots from the HDD!
alkatraz, would you please NOT post this in 3 different threads?
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs
I have the same problem. ASRock 330 with 2 HHD in Raid 1. Windows 7 already installed and a volume of 20 GB left unused. Cant pass the GRUB install fail at the end of the installation.
Tried all kinds of formatting etc. but cant get it to install. Please help!

Thx

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problems with Grub when installing from live-cd0