video randomly crashes when using dxva2
I was wondering if anyone else was having this issue, when I watch some videos using dxva2 it works fine or awhile then randomly it just crashes. It looks like it tries to change the refresh rate or resolution, the sound cuts out, but it seems to continues to work correctly after a few seconds. A couple of times I've seen the windows warning display recovering from a diaply error or something.

specs:
win 7
1gb ram
ati 5450
e6350 cpu

this is not limited to xbmc it also happens in mpc-hc.

any ideas ?
Make sure you're ATI drivers are up to date. ATI released Catalyst 10.4 last month which boosts h.264 decode capabilities to profile level 5.1 and up to 8 ref frames.

Also, as you've seen in the other threads about DXVA, hardware decoding support is still in development and is bound to be buggy, especially when used with other features of XBMC. I would disable auto-refresh-rate for now and see what happens. But make sure to update Catalyst first!

DXVA is also very dependent on how the video was encoded, so it may work for some, and not for others.
Windows 7 x64 Home Premium
Gigabyte MA78GM-U2SH Mainboard
ATI HD3200 Onboard
AMD 7750BE Dual-Core 4.00GB RAM
ATI HD3200 HDMI Sound
HTPC HMDI -> ONKYO TX-SR605 -> Panasonic TH-46PZ85U Plasma
joshuass Wrote:Make sure you're ATI drivers are up to date. ATI released Catalyst 10.4 last month which boosts h.264 decode capabilities to profile level 5.1 and up to 8 ref frames.

Also, as you've seen in the other threads about DXVA, hardware decoding support is still in development and is bound to be buggy, especially when used with other features of XBMC. I would disable auto-refresh-rate for now and see what happens. But make sure to update Catalyst first!

DXVA is also very dependent on how the video was encoded, so it may work for some, and not for others.

I forgot to say I'm already using the 10.4 drivers, and I am aware dxva isn't completely working. however this problem isn't occuring for just xbmc, it seems to be happening with any program using dxva. I was hoping someone else was having this issue, otherwise my video card might be faulty.

I am going to try a fresh install of windows 7 and see if this error happens again.
nathanblgos Wrote:I forgot to say I'm already using the 10.4 drivers, and I am aware dxva isn't completely working. however this problem isn't occuring for just xbmc, it seems to be happening with any program using dxva. I was hoping someone else was having this issue, otherwise my video card might be faulty.

I am going to try a fresh install of windows 7 and see if this error happens again.

Try re-installing DirectX 11 Feb10 redist
HTPC specs:
Samsung 40" ES8000 3DTV, Win8 Pro 64bit, Intel Core i3 530, ATI HD5450, Antec Minuet HTPC Case, 6GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1333, Gigabyte GA-H55M-USB3
Lister of Smeg Wrote:Try re-installing DirectX 11 Feb10 redist

will do when I do a fresh install

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
video randomly crashes when using dxva20