Slow to connect on one samba share
This might be something new. I'm mounting two shares, from the same machine. The structure is pretty simple:

Tv Shows
Movies

Movies takes probably 5 mins to come up, while Tv Shows pops up instantly. Is there something that XBMC is doing that is causing this to happen? I can access the directories fine in windows. The only thing I can think of is that the Movies directory has some direct DVD rips in it and the TV Shows directory doesn't.
Are you loading those directories in XBMC as a direct smb directory? Or did you map those folders in Windows first and then have XBMC just access the directories like it would any other windows folder? I find that mapping the directories in Windows, then pointing XBMC to those directories offers a more consistent result.

Though, going this route, you have to deal with Windows sometimes not wanting to connect to the mapped drives, a pain the arse.
Windows 7 x64 Home Premium
Gigabyte MA78GM-U2SH Mainboard
ATI HD3200 Onboard
AMD 7750BE Dual-Core 4.00GB RAM
ATI HD3200 HDMI Sound
HTPC HMDI -> ONKYO TX-SR605 -> Panasonic TH-46PZ85U Plasma
Nope, same problem here.

Also, my wireless adapter is slow to load/get an IP. Is there a way to make windows try to reconnect drives after it completes?
If it means anything, this started when I started using WPA. The drives do this with a SMB mount, because it won't mount b/c the wireless starts so slowly.
kruuth Wrote:If it means anything, this started when I started using WPA. The drives do this with a SMB mount, because it won't mount b/c the wireless starts so slowly.

It sounds like it might be a wireless problem. I use WPA2 on my network without issues. All wireless connections connect nearly instantly. I think you should consider resetting your wireless adapter on your computer. Delete the connection and recreate it and see if it's any better. You could also try XBMC on another computer and see if it has the same problems.
I sped it up by turning off encryption and just doing MAC filtering. It works much much faster but it's still not as fast as my desktop opening the folder.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Slow to connect on one samba share0