A list of thing i would like to know abot xbmc
Hi to all! Wink
I'm configuring XBMC on my Imac, i come from Plex but i prefer XBMC for the better support of the community and the more intensive work in development that this community do.
There are some questions that i would like to ask to the community, i hope that someone can help me.
0) I use the skin aeon hitched and an apple remote (for your info)
1) I've customized the Apple remote keymaps and now i can see the shutdown menu when i hold the menu button in the home but i want be able to shutdown my mac from it. How can i do?
2) I want to install some plugin video: youtube, rai streaming, national geographic etc... where can i found it and how can i install it? (in plex i had plexapp, but in xbmc i have not a xbmc app Wink )
3) I need a good scraper for Italian TV Series, does it exist? Where is it?
4) I want to choose another resolution for the windowed mode, how can i do? How can i implement the always on top function?
5) I wold like to change the sounds of XBMC. Where can i find some sounds collections for xbmc?
6) I would like to found a huge collection of HD Image for the backgrounds of xbmc: TV Series, Music, Movies... and so on
7) In the list of my series and movies i have now very beauty backdrops/fanart and i can see in the background of the list, but in the details view i always see an horrible streched image, this because the image is supposed to be a vertical image, but the scrapers download only horizontal image. How can rotate it?

I hope very much in your help.
Thank you for any suggestion and sorry for my poor english (i'm italian^^)
Hi again,
Searching deeper in the forum i've found the solution for the following point
sanzo77 Wrote:Hi to all! Wink
2) I want to install some plugin video: youtube, rai streaming, national geographic etc... where can i found it and how can i install it? (in plex i had plexapp, but in xbmc i have not a xbmc app Wink )
3) I need a good scraper for Italian TV Series, does it exist? Where is it?
7) In the list of my series and movies i have now very beauty backdrops/fanart and i can see in the background of the list, but in the details view i always see an horrible streched image, this because the image is supposed to be a vertical image, but the scrapers download only horizontal image. How can rotate it?

no one has a hint about the remaining points?
Thank you in advance Big Grin
2) Currently there is SVN repo installer that can install additional plugins, in the future there will be addon manager
3) Is there an Italian scraper at all?
7) Try using "fanart instead of banner?" option in the skin?
nikiiv Wrote:2) Currently there is SVN repo installer that can install additional plugins, in the future there will be addon manager
3) Is there an Italian scraper at all?
7) Try using "fanart instead of banner?" option in the skin?

Sorry, but 2,3 and 7 are the points that i've figured out :-)
I'm searching for a solution about the remaining points Wink

Thank you anyway
4) XBMC should remember the size of the window if you resize it in the usual manner.
5) Some skins might have a different sounds pack. Most of us turn these off, so I suspect you won't have all that many selections.
6) There's various ones around here on the forums - whether or not they're up to date I have no idea. One simply option is to just use XBMC to fetch the fanart/info for all your media.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:4) XBMC should remember the size of the window if you resize it in the usual manner.
ok, thank u, i didn't know that i can resize the xbmc windows.

jmarshall Wrote:5) Some skins might have a different sounds pack. Most of us turn these off, so I suspect you won't have all that many selections.
ok.

jmarshall Wrote:6) There's various ones around here on the forums - whether or not they're up to date I have no idea. One simply option is to just use XBMC to fetch the fanart/info for all your media.

Cheers,
Jonathan

I already fetch the fan art for all my media, but i was looking for menu images.

No one is able to shutdown a mac using xbmc?
If you have fanart, just grab the Thumbnails/Video/Fanart folder (similarly for music).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A list of thing i would like to know abot xbmc0