[Moved] [Edited] EMM questions
hi guys,
i currently have a problem with my library mode. i recently bought a NAS system with the intention to stream my media via ethernet to my xbmc clients. previously, my media data was stored on the xbmc client and library mode worked perfectly.

i added the movie folder on my NAS via add source and typed in the username and password for access. Now, when clicking on videos in xbmc, i can see my movies and their associated movie posters perfectly, but when i switch to library mode nothing is shown. i also specified it as a movies folder via set contents. same problem occurs for my tv shows

when going to the settings in the xbmc, i also noticed that the options to hide tv shows and movies is greyed out, which cannot be edited.

if it helps: i also scraped my movies using Ember, but did not include nfo files

hope some1 can help me out here.
thanks,
k
You state that you've set content, but did you initiate the scan?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
no i didn'T as i scraped my media using the external scraper Ember. i was afraid that using scan would overwrite my available files generated by ember, or am i mistaken?
Scan doesn't overwrite files it just collects the information and stores it in the database. Only exporting your library would overwrite files (it prompts first).
A scrape will get that info from the Ember generated NFO files.
You need to scan then. Scanning just fetches the information and populates the library. The information can come from local .nfo files or be scraped off the internet.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
the problem is however, that ember does not create the nfo files. though it shows me that it has created nfo files for a movie but when refreshing ember, the check marks for nfo's are gone and the folders do not contain nfo's.
so without the info, is there the possibility that scanning my media folder would generating new fanart etc?
Library Mode is working just fine for you, you have issues with EMM.
Sorry I cant comment about your issue with Ember. I dont use it. But if you dont have nfo, tbn, or fanart files along side your media files, scanning will scrape the info and images from the internet. The info will get stored in the database, enabling the library, and the images will get cached into userdata/thumbnails/video folders. By default, Xbmc does not write anything along side your media. As someone stated earlier, you would need to manually do a video library export for that.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Moved] [Edited] EMM questions0