Stuck on an animation
I'm editing a viewtype for myvideonav. I'm trying to get some text to move out of the way when the DialogVideoInfo is displayed. I've got the following:

Quote:<animation effect="slide" end="0,-200" time="300" condition="Window.IsActive(2003)">Condition</animation>

When the info appears the text moves, but instead of sliding it moves suddenly. However when the info disappears the text slides back as required. Why does the animation only work when going back? Am I doing something stupid?
try with this:
Code:
<animation effect="slide" end="0,-200" time="300" condition="Window.IsActive(movieinformation)">Conditional</animation>
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Thanks but it's the same thing again, the return animation is fine, the initial animation is sudden. I'm baffled.
you can test to set a visible condition for the text (label control)
Quote:<visible>!Window.IsActive(2003)</visible>
and change the animation to a "VisibleChange"
Quote:<animation effect="slide" start="0,-200" end="0,0" time="300">VisibleChange</animation>
eumel Wrote:you can test to set a visible condition for the text (label control)

and change the animation to a "VisibleChange"

I actually want the text to still be visible, just moved to a different part of the screen. Sorry, I realise my original post was badly worded. Is there an actual reason why my animation code doesn't work the way it is?
Change Condition to Conditional. At the end
Roders Wrote:I actually want the text to still be visible, just moved to a different part of the screen. Sorry, I realise my original post was badly worded. Is there an actual reason why my animation code doesn't work the way it is?
the text is still be visible, because you don't use a fade animation, you only slide.
eumel Wrote:the text is still be visible, because you don't use a fade animation, you only slide.

The text disappears whenever the dialog info is visible. Isn't that what this is doing:
Quote:<visible>!Window.IsActive(2003)</visible>
i've tried your animation code and it's working fine on my end.
there must be something else messing things up.

pastebin the entire xml and we can have a look. ;-)
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Ok here's the Viewtype_Files.xml I've been using. I'm trying to make a skin and learning as I go using Alaska as a base.

http://pastebin.com/Ck8LzhMQ
animation is good I tested in my skin, time="300" is pretty quick but both your code and eumel's works...

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
ok, copied your code to Alaska and tested it.
again, your animations work fine at my end.

the focused title slides up when you bring up the video info window
and slides down when you exit it.

maybe the gui locks up for a fraction of a second at your end when you bring up the info window?
check if the rss feed at the bottom keeps on scrolling...
Maybe he's editting an xml file of another version Confused, forgets to save or forgets to reset skin...
Happens to me Rolleyes Rofl Big Grin
Right, after hearing it works ok for you guys I've realised that it's because I'm testing on an apple tv, and it obviously struggles trying to load info and run animations at the same time, hence giving the impression of it not working. I've added a delay to the animation and I can get the desired effect now. Sorry to have wasted your time, but at least I now know more about designing a skin for limited hardware as that's my aim.
Waffa Wrote:Maybe he's editting an xml file of another version Confused, forgets to save or forgets to reset skin...
Happens to me Rolleyes Rofl Big Grin

I can't tell you how many times I was comparing a section of code in T! or Confluence and end up editing their .xml and stare in disbelief at why what looks to be perfect code is not working in my skinRolleyes

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stuck on an animation0