[LIVE] Hulu Desktop Intergration
FishOil Wrote:The pluging plays smoother and better than huludesktop anyway.
Downside is, not all stuff plays.

I downloaded flash 10.3 and changed the location of flash in the .hulu file to the new one. It runs smooth and looks great.
I also downloaded the latest flash and noticed huludesktop seems to work a lot better now. Thanks for the advice though. I'll give bluecop's plugin a try. I downloaded it into my plugins, but didn't see it showing up in the add-ons when I went to them through videos or add-ons. Guess I'll have to try going through the settings menu... If only there were a static wiki page with instructions, instead of 60 pages of forum posts...
I have been trying to get my hulu desktop to work for the last 2 days but I can't get past the .huludesktop error message about the location of the libflashplayer.so file. I know it is correct by looking at it but it seems not to work. I am a nooby to XBMC and Linux commands but have been doing pretty good figuring out most stuff. Currently with I am in command I type 'sudo service xbmc-live hulu' and it starts up and the first time even gives me the hulu agreement popup but once I agree and move on it brings up the .huludesktop file location error.

Any suggestions?
@jgrudle, what is the exact error message you're getting? Posting that here would be a good place to start so we can help you out.
It seems like Hulu hasn't been working lately with the bluecop repo plugin anyway. I'm sure he'll fix it, but I'm starting to think about going back to this method since I'm pretty sure Hulu won't break it's own plugin... reliability, who'd have thought that's what we'd want...
fowie Wrote:@jgrudle, what is the exact error message you're getting? Posting that here would be a good place to start so we can help you out.

So when I run this command 'sudo service xbmc-live hulu' it starts to run (looks like it is) but then a popup window comes up saying Hulu Desktop could not locate the Flash plugin. if you already have it installed, please modify ~/.huludesktop with correct location of libflashplayer.so.

My '/home/jag/.huludesktop' has the 'flash_location = /home/jag/.flashlib/libflashplayer.so' which is were it is.

Does anyone have any ways for me to test my flash plugin and what not?

Thanks,
when you run sudo service xbmc-live hulu, does it really run xbmc-live as user jag? Mine runs it as user xbmc, and so the ~/.huludesktop file it's referring to is actually /home/xbmc/.huludesktop
Also, what are the permissions on your .so file? (just do ls -lah /home/jag/.flashlib)
I am assuming it is running it under jag and not xmbc. jag is where all my stuff is. Also if I delete the .huludesktop file and run the command it will automatically put the file back under jag, so I am pretty sure that is working. My permissions for the libflashplayer.so are -rw-r--r--

Also just to confirm I just tried coping the .huludesktop to xbmc but same error.
Hmm, I believe that lib's need to have execute permissions on them (at least, everything in my /usr/lib directory does). Try a
Code:
chmod a+x /home/jag/.flashlib/libflashplayer.so
That was not the trick...this is killing me. Now the permissions are -rwxr-xr-x

Anything else you can think of?

I installed flash 10.3b2 using wget (first) then did it again over ftp yesterday.
jgrudle Wrote:That was not the trick...this is killing me. Now the permissions are -rwxr-xr-x

Anything else you can think of?

I installed flash 10.3b2 using wget (first) then did it again over ftp yesterday.

Got It!
Not sure why it would not use the file structure I had put in place but after reading HOW-TO's for Firefox I got Hulu running.

Code:
sudo apt-get install flashplugin-installer

Then changed my .huludesktop flash_location = /usr/lib/flashplugin-installer/libflashplayer.so
I've followed this setup on a second media center that I have hooked up to a 42" VISIO, and I can't seem to get fullscreen to work. I even set FULLSCREEN=TRUE in my .huludesktop, but when it loads up, it's taking up the top left 1/4 of the screen. Is this something to do with the way I start up the x server, or maybe something I could change in xrandr? Currently my xrandr command sets up the same video mode that I have specified for width and height in the .huludesktop (1024x728). Any ideas? Firefox does the same thing. Top left 1/4 of the window.

A side note, if I play a youtube video in that 1/4 window firefox and hit full-screen, the video does go fullscreen.
when i run :

Code:
sudo service xbmc-live hulu

i get :

Code:
giladk@giladk-lap:~$ sudo service xbmc-live hulu
Rather than invoking init scripts through /etc/init.d, use the service(8)
utility, e.g. service xbmc-live hulu
Rather than invoking init scripts through /etc/init.d, use the service(8)
utility, e.g. service xbmc-live stop

Since the script you are attempting to invoke has been converted to an
Upstart job, you may also use the stop(8) utility, e.g. stop xbmc-live
xbmc-live stop/waiting
/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/gtk-2.0/gtk/__init__.py:57: GtkWarning: could not open display
  warnings.warn(str(e), _gtk.Warning)
Error: unable to open display
FEH.py: cannot connect to X server

it looks like the x server is not running
i think that the problem is in xbmc-live init script :

Code:
sudo xbmc -c '/usr/bin/xinit /usr/bin/launchhulu.sh' ?

when i try to run this manualy i get the same error

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE] Hulu Desktop Intergration0