2nd USB hdd through hub invisible
I have ATV running XBMC and have enjoyed my 1TB USB HDD content for a year now. Today I plugged a USB HUB in to the ATV and a 2nd USB HDD. I unplugged my ATV, both HDD are powered by there own wall plug, than I plugged the ATV in to power. It took about 10 mins. to finally go to the home screen where I could navigate through XBMC to my origional HDD but could not see the second one! I have tried both HDD connected through the hub individually and they will show up, but when both plugged in my second one never appears.
Any ideas?
ssh into the ATV and to a "mount" to see if they got both mounted
run "diskutil list" and see if it's detected
May be the second one has a NTFS partition ?
I have SSH in to the ATV and can only see the one HDD.They are both Formatted FAT32 and can be seen on the ATV when only one is attached.
I did the discutil list and the second HDD is not listed.

Thanks for the suggestions and help. I was thinking, could it be the hub? I do not know why it could be as the hub works when connected to my PC!
umm try without hub then?
@ Sam, If I do not use the hub I can only use one HDD at a time, I want to have access to 2 or more through the USB hub.
mique1 Wrote:@ Sam, If I do not use the hub I can only use one HDD at a time, I want to have access to 2 or more through the USB hub.

How do you know from ATV perspective which one is first and which one second?
Try with second only to find out if mounting the drive is the problem
Also .. are you sure that ATV is mounting them or year ago you made a mount point for your primary one
nikiiv Wrote:How do you know from ATV perspective which one is first and which one second?
Try with second only to find out if mounting the drive is the problem
Also .. are you sure that ATV is mounting them or year ago you made a mount point for your primary one

+1

you are never going to know if the hub works without trying the drive on its own are you?
I have connected each drive separately both direct to the ATV and through the hub. Both are seen.
When I attach both to the hub only one is detected, it is always the same one!

"are you sure that ATV is mounting them or year ago you made a mount point for your primary one"
I used to have my #2 hdd as the only USB drive and It became full so I purchased a larger HDD which became the USB drive #1.
I used #1 for 6 month and then decided to add the hub and the old drive, this is when the problem showed itself.
I am willing to try any suggestions, thanks for the help.
Is the hub powered? If not try a powered hub.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
2nd USB hdd through hub invisible0