4oD (Channel4 on Demand) plugin development
Just a quick note to say I've not forgotten this plugin. I've been busy since the last update but I should be back on the case soon.
Hey, I was just curious whether you'd had any luck with this? I don't think I'm alone in saying that I'd love to have a 4oD plugin in XBMC, so if you're still working on this then good luck!
procrastinator Wrote:Hey, I was just curious whether you'd had any luck with this? I don't think I'm alone in saying that I'd love to have a 4oD plugin in XBMC, so if you're still working on this then good luck!

I just had another look at this tonight. By the looks of this page on a SWF encryption service, it looks like we need to reconstruct the arrays and surrounding code from this earlier post. Evidence suggests that this should contain various text strings. Hopefully something interesting will emergeConfused

Until somebody can work out the encryption/decryption process for the authkey this plugin will not be able to automatically retrieve it. Without this authkey you cannot connect to their rtmpe streams.

My next step is to try to recreate the array(s) mentioned above. However, I have no idea what I'm doing with it.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. If you have experience with encryption or reverse-engineering Flash, and like Channel 4, please lend a hand.
Thanks for the update.

I'm sorry to say that my own skills fall a loooong way short of the sort of help you need on this. None-the-less it's an exciting project that I wish you a lot of luck for. I have my fingers crossed that someone else reading this will be able to help you out.
Has anyone got this working for the new Addon System in XBMC?
it's not a plugin yet. it is a discussion/ work in progress to try and implement it (which is currently turning out to be a very tough job)
I got the 4od youtube stuff working. seems to cover a lot of their programming (uses rtmpe streams and has the auth code we can use in the html)

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=577...tcount=144
exobuzz Wrote:I got the 4od youtube stuff working. seems to cover a lot of their programming (uses rtmpe streams and has the auth code we can use in the html)

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=577...tcount=144

Awesome. The streams work really well. Smile I'm going to work the youtube backend into my plugin for the time being (I still haven't played around the authentication any further).

This should give a pretty capable plugin for 4oD content. I'll create a [release] thread once it's done - hopefully this week or next.
eddebaby Wrote:This should give a pretty capable plugin for 4oD content. I'll create a [release] thread once it's done - hopefully this week or next.
Awesome! Suggestion: upload it to the XBMC addon repository for additional exposure and to make it easier for users to find and update it?
Sorry for the resurrection, but is this still in development? It seems like it's getting pretty far. Having said that, I'm assuming here that the youtube channel isn't great - it might be, of course, but I'm assuming here it just has a limited subset of 4oD programmes.
Thumbs Up 
eddebaby Wrote:I just had another look at this tonight. By the looks of this page on a SWF encryption service, it looks like we need to reconstruct the arrays and surrounding code from this earlier post. Evidence suggests that this should contain various text strings. Hopefully something interesting will emergeConfused

Until somebody can work out the encryption/decryption process for the authkey this plugin will not be able to automatically retrieve it. Without this authkey you cannot connect to their rtmpe streams.

My next step is to try to recreate the array(s) mentioned above. However, I have no idea what I'm doing with it.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. If you have experience with encryption or reverse-engineering Flash, and like Channel 4, please lend a hand.
I have experience more 3 years. I use “SWF Protector” and it’s served me well.
Has there been any further progress on this 4OD pluginHuh

Would really like to see this as an add-on for the new XBMC.

I am unable to use the youtube 4OD links so need to be able to look at this from the 4OD website directly.
reni10 Wrote:I am unable to use the youtube 4OD links so need to be able to look at this from the 4OD website directly.

why is that ?
exobuzz Wrote:why is that ?

I am located outside the UK so am using the Unlock-us DNS service which allows me to view the videos on the 4OD website but not on youtube because if they change the youtube DNS entry to UK you lose the USA only content there!
you could work around it with a better configured proxy/vpn Smile

i have some resourced code sent to me by a guy i know that shows the encryption, but ive not tried it, and i lack time to code on "new" projects.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
4oD (Channel4 on Demand) plugin development1