The best way to working with Mythtv 0.23
Hello to all :-)

I installed mythbuntu 10.4 with a Asrock ION-System and with the following Hardware / Software

- External HVR-1900 Tuner
- Mythtv-Backend 0.23
- Mythtv-Frontend 0.23
- As addional mythtv-plugins are mytharchive / mythweb installed
- xbmc 9.11 as main system

How do personal integrate mythtv Live-TV into xbmc ?

1.) Using as video-source with myth protocoll ?
Does xbmc 9.11 allready support database-schemata for 0.23 ?

2.) Using Mythbox ?

3.) Define a buttoon and make the following action

ps kill -9 $(axu | grep xbmc | awk '{print $2}')
mythfrontend
xbmc

To programm the mythtv-reccordings over webinterface is very easy.
But my personal waf-factor is burnig-recorded shows......

Has anyone a suggestion How to .....

1.) Live TV from mythtv 0.23
2.) Delete recordings
3.) Show recordings
4.) burn recordings

Is it may possible to integrate the external Mythtv python script into xbmc ?

With the best regards from switzerland
Hans
Little up to this thread !

Can anyone use LiveTV with mythTV 0.23. I am using a mythbuntu 10.04 as a server, all seems to work except XBMC freezes when I select a channel to play. What is strange is that nothing in the log is refering to this.

http://pastebin.com/VRArA0ZE

When I chekck the Backend Status, it says that the tuner is used for livetv.

Any idea ?

Thanks.
julienzch Wrote:Little up to this thread !

Can anyone use LiveTV with mythTV 0.23. I am using a mythbuntu 10.04 as a server, all seems to work except XBMC freezes when I select a channel to play. What is strange is that nothing in the log is refering to this.

Any idea ?

Thanks.

That log file doesn't show anything relating to any use of the myth:// protocol. Looks like it's only the start of a log file.

I don't typically use Live TV but it has been working for me. Do recordings work. I recently upgraded to Mythbuntu 10.04 with an XBMC frontend. I needed to add a DNS mapping in the hosts file for the machine name as something has changed in 0.23 which I haven't tracked down yet.
Use MythTV for recording TV? Try the integrated MythTV support in XBMC Media Center. Now with commercial skip support built-in and integration with the Movie database!
linuxluemmel Wrote:Hello to all :-)
1.) Live TV from mythtv 0.23
2.) Delete recordings
3.) Show recordings
4.) burn recordings

1) Live TV works with either myth:// or MythBox. Links for both on http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=MythTV

The native XBMC myth:// protocol works with 0.23. Note that channel changing can be slow through myth:// although I heard channel changing might be faster in 0.23 than it was in previous versions. Completely untested by me as we hardly ever watch Live TV anymore.

2) Delete is possible myth:// and MythBox

3) Show recordings is possible will all the currently maintained integration options, e.g. myth://, MythBox, MythicalLibrarian

4) Not sure what the options are for this. None that I know of through XBMC but it's not something I've ever needed to do.
Use MythTV for recording TV? Try the integrated MythTV support in XBMC Media Center. Now with commercial skip support built-in and integration with the Movie database!
I tried with mythTV 0.23 (ubuntu 10.04 server) and can confirm its working. You need to make sure that the from your xbmc box you can access the mythtv server via the hostname. You can put your mythtv server's hostname with ip into /etc/hosts file if you don't have a name server running.

julienzch Wrote:Little up to this thread !

Any idea ?

Thanks.
dteirney Wrote:1) Live TV works with either myth:// or MythBox. Links for both on http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=MythTV

4) Not sure what the options are for this. None that I know of through XBMC but it's not something I've ever needed to do.

Thanks for the answer ...

There is a Mythtv Addon called Mytharchive .....

It burns allready recordet shows to a dvd drive ....

Today I did a svn upgrade to te newest mythbox script. And Yes it was
working properly.
All this sounds very good ....

Allmost all is working for me now ....

* Use XMBC with Mythbox as a replacement for LiveTV and Planing of the
records (only Local)
* I do still use Mythweb to programm the recordings from the internet over
a VPN Connection I do establish to my home computer.
* With the xbmc dvd-ripper script that I have written I can do the same as it
was with the old mythtv-frontend
* I can controll the hole system over IR-Remote

with one exeption..... (WAF)

* I can not burn recorded show inside xbmc ... Therefore mythtv-frontend has to be started...

If other poeple have also have a interest of burning recordes tv-shows
I would integrate this function inside my dvd-ripper.
My ripper can allready burn dvd .... And I for one do only store in Standart dvd resolution inside my mythbackend .....
So the only Problem would be to have the recording path and the right
format in witch the recordings are stored...

With the best regrards from switzerland
Hans

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
The best way to working with Mythtv 0.230