Is this possible
Trying to find out if this is possible and if anyone is interested in making it as my coding skills are zero.

What id like to do it replace the file structure of the pictures section with a world map. As you scrolled a different country would be selected that you had visited and had pictures for (pre set up). When you entered one of the countries you were presented with the pictures or a taken to a selectable list if there were more than one folder of pictures (for example home where you would have lots).

Would something like this be possible?
I'm sure there's probably a program like this in existence but it's impossible in xbmc unless you wrote a plugin or something to do this.
It wouldnt be impossible.

You could create a custom skin who's homepage was designed like a world map which linked off to various picture folders on a hard drive. You could do a world map and have selectable countries and when clicked have them load the pictures section of XBMC at the specified country folder.

Obviously you'd need to be able to code for XBMC and come up with all the graphics for it to work. But its certainly not impossible or even that complicated to be honest.
Team Blackbolt - Digital Design
Twitter.com/TeamBlackbolt | TeamBlackbolt.co.uk
Thanks for your input guys.

The way i imagined it working in my head would be to have a basic list of folders which was hidden, and then when you scrolled along different folders it loaded a different world image which had the country highlighted.

So you'd end up with lots of images with each country highlighted and then link those images to different folders.

I appreciate this would be a manual process but think it could look very cool.

Is it even possible to load a different backdrop as you scroll through a list?
Yes Wink
Is that yes to you can have different backdrops load for different folders, or yes you're going to make this Wink
Your funny....different backdrops load.Smile
Worth a try :p

Be very interested to see how you get on with loading images based on a list.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is this possible0