Shutdown XBMC but process still running
Hi,

I am relatively new to these forums and am hoping someone can shed some light on a problem I have just started having with XBMC.

I recently did a fresh upgrade to Ubuntu 10.04 (Lucid) from 9.10, and reinstalled XBMC through the team-xbmc ppa here. Installed is XBMC 1:9.11-lucid1 (XBMC 9.11 R26018, compiled May 4 2010), running on 64bit Ubuntu.

My problem is this. I can launch XBMC just fine and play video without trouble. However when I exit through the XBMC shutdown menu, the window disappears as though the program has closed, however system monitor indicates that the xbmc processes are still running. I have both xbmc and xbmc.bin in the process list, and the only way to remove them is to run a 'pkill xbmc' from terminal. If I restart XBMC without killing them first, I now have 4 processes running, and so on.

Entire contents of xbmc.log can be found here.

I did not have this problem previously with karmic. It's a pain to have to manually kill the processes every time I close XBMC, so if there is a way to fix this I'd be very grateful!

Cheers
Same for me, I've did a fresh install of Linux Mint 9. XBMC exits but still runs in the background.

This is what I have:

2.6.32-21-generic #32-Ubuntu SMP Fri Apr 16 08:09:38 UTC 2010 x86_64 GNU/Linux (up to date as of 2010-05-25)
Gnome 2.30.0
XBMC PRE-10.5 r28042 Compiled Feb 22 2010
Transparency v2.11
Installed from http://ppa.launchpad.net/team-xbmc-svn/ppa/ubuntu lucid main
running on ASUS P5QLE,q6600 CPU,4GB RAM...ATI HD4670 (I think Smile )

xbmc.log: http://pastebin.com/X1wxZAu6

edit: Don't know if it matters, but I start xbmc with a script (for lirc) and with --standalone:

#!/bin/bash

# Test to see if XBMC is running first
if ps -ef|grep -v grep|grep -i xbmc.bin
then
# Do nothing
echo "XBMC already Running!"
# Test to see if BOXEE is running
elif ps -ef|grep -v grep|grep -i /opt/boxee/run-boxee-desktop
then
# Do nothing
echo "BOXEE already Running!"
else