"ignore article when sorting" does not apply for TV series
Hi there,
i have small problem with my XBMC when it comes to sorting TV series. In the settings menu i checked the "ignore article when sorting" option. It works fine in the movie section but not with TV shows.

for example:
xbmc shows the file "The dark knight (2008).iso" is properly listed under "D" but the folder "The Simpsons" is listed under "T"

I checked the langinfo.xml but "The" is properly listed to be ignored. If i remove "the" from langinfo.xml "The dark knight (2008).iso" is listed under "T". When i re-add it again it works for movies but not for TV shows.

I use xbmc camelot with vista 32bit but i don't think it is OS related.
h00bi Wrote:Hi there,
i have small problem with my XBMC when it comes to sorting TV series. In the settings menu i checked the "ignore article when sorting" option. It works fine in the movie section but not with TV shows.

for example:
xbmc shows the file "The dark knight (2008).iso" is properly listed under "D" but the folder "The Simpsons" is listed under "T"

I checked the langinfo.xml but "The" is properly listed to be ignored. If i remove "the" from langinfo.xml "The dark knight (2008).iso" is listed under "T". When i re-add it again it works for movies but not for TV shows.

I use xbmc camelot with vista 32bit but i don't think it is OS related.

As far as I know the correct place for this is in an advancedsettings.xml placed in the userdata folder - see here http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Adv...ttokens.3E
I created the advancedsettings.xml in C:\Users\mcp\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata

with this content:
Code:
<advancedsettings>
<sorttokens>
<token>The</token>
</sorttokens>
</advancedsettings>

didn't help...
Did you double check the 'ignore article when sorting' option was checked? If so you would be better to post a debug log - see here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=42708.

This is going to sound crazy, and I'm not sure whether it will have any effect on the outcome, but have you tried the advancedsettings.xml with the appropriate formatting included - like so:-

Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <sorttokens>
    <token>the</token>
    <token>a</token>
    <token>an</token>
  </sorttokens>
</advancedsettings>

I have always used exactly as written in the Wiki and have never had an issue. Worth a try?
i completely reinstalled XBMC. now it works =)

@steelman: i tried with code format you posted. did not help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"ignore article when sorting" does not apply for TV series0