Network issue (xbmc live/acer revo)
I had the xbmc live 9.04 version installed and could see in xbmc that I had an ip, so I could ftp perfectly from my pc to xbmc on the revo. I really wanted to update though, as it seemed from what I was reading that you needed to in order to use the newer skins such as Aeon.

I basically started from scratch, by following the guide here: http://www.mini-itx.com/projects/xbmc-ion/

This worked perfectly, and I was even getting better results with video playback.

However, now I can not get Xbmc to connect to the network (wired). It will not pick up an ip address no matter what I do. I have tried everything from switching cables, plugging straight into the cable modem to bypass the router and see if it will get internet access, resetting the router, rebooting, etc etc.

Could anyone possibly help me out? I really want to get some network/net access on this little guy!

-EDIT-
the lights around the network port on the Acer go green when a cable is plugged in. it looks to be working in that regard, but still no luck.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Network issue (xbmc live/acer revo)0