UI "tint" layer missing (overlays?)
After a recent upgrade, I'm no longer seeing the "tint" layer. For example, with the Confluence skin, my screen looks like the first screen shot (http://xbmc.org/skins/confluence/) except that there's no dark tint behind either the weather information in the top right or the selections (Weather, Videos, etc.) on the left, and the play/favorites/power buttons aren't visible. There's a similar problem when I go to videos and look at movie information: it overlays right on top of the directory thumbnails, without a background "tint", making it difficult to read.

I'm using Linux (Gentoo), SVN build synced a couple days ago (5/20?). The log file doesn't show any errors that seem relevant (just a problem with the Goom visualization). I'm using the same nVidia OpenGL that I've used before and used to work fine. From looking around it might be the background overlays that aren't working?

Any help as to where to look for the problem would be appreciated.
I messed around with it for a while and it's fixed, and I think I know what the problem was: VDPAU/VAAPI (libvdpau/libva). I tried to start a movie and it crashed in one of the VDPAU libs; turns out it was a response to my nVidia card not having VDPAU support (graceful handling, wot?)

Anyway, I yanked out libvdpau/libva from the system and rebuilt XBMC and deps and movies play without crashing and the shading (overlays? textures?) came back too. Just a note to resolve this issue in case anyone else sees it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
UI "tint" layer missing (overlays?)0