Asus Bravo220 Remote not possible to set up?
Thumbs Up 
I recently bought a new graphics card and decided on the Asus Bravo220. With it follows a really cheap remote for their own media center called "Bravo". The program is really crappy compared to XBMC and i therefore decided to try and make the remote work with XBMC instead.

However, so far i have had little to no success at all. I've tried searching around but not really sure on what to search for since there seems to be nobody with the same remote and nothing really for "generic remote" either.

These are my findings so far.

When just running the remote out of the box with xbmc the remote the keys that work are : Up, down, left, right, OK, volume up, volume down and mute.

Nothing changes if i configure xbmc to use "Remote control sends keyboard presses".

When running it with WMC all those keys plus the media keys (play, pause, stop, ff, rewind) and the back key works.

When using EventGhost i tried both Generic HID and Microsoft MCE and it detected nothing. However, when using it as a keyboard it picked up OK as enter and the arrow keys as... well arrow keys.

I've tried the IR Server Suite as well but not even sure if i configured that correctly.

Right now I'm out of ideas and would be really glad for any help or pointers. If i could just map the media keys for XBMC i would be satisfied.

Thanks in advance, any help is greatly appreciated.
See http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Usi..._with_XBMC. If you still have Eventghost installed you need to make sure you haven't used it's option to disable the HID device otherwise the remote won't be sending keystrokes. The fact the arrow and Enter keys work suggest that this isn't a problem.

I would guess it's a cheap MCE clone that sends Media Centre keystrokes, in which case the ShowKey applet (see the Wiki article) will quickly confirm this. In that case use the tweaked Camelot build from http://xbmcmce.sourceforge.net/, or use build 28256 from mirrors.xbmc.org if you want hardware acceleration.

JR
Thank you very much. Didn't find the ShowKey app you spoke of but the builds in that wiki article worked wonders. Thank you very much!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Asus Bravo220 Remote not possible to set up?0