Status of current svn builds?
Hey folks,

could some of you guys who are running current svn builds provide some info about how usable/buggy it is right now?
I tried a few weeks ago, but found a few showstoppers for me at least:

- Shutdown functions is missing "shutdown" as an option - no shutdown possible for me from within XBMC
- Chosing standby from within XBMC does not enter standby, nothing happens for me
- ProjectM kinda broken, though I got it up and running by creating that one directory in userdata ...

Can anyone comment on this and or other possible problems?

thanks,

boba
Why not just read the comments here - http://sshcs.com/xbmc/
boba23 Wrote:- Shutdown functions is missing "shutdown" as an option - no shutdown possible for me from within XBMC
- Chosing standby from within XBMC does not enter standby, nothing happens for me

at least these two problems are only valid when using lucid without HAL as host OS
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs
Hannes The Hun Wrote:at least these two problems are only valid when using lucid without HAL as host OS

Hmm, I am using lucid AMD64 standard install. Can you point me to the right direction on howto install HAL then?

EDIT: hal seems to be installed ... what am I missing then?

EDIT2: ./configure before compile tells me HAL Support : Yes + I got several HAL processes running in lucid, including HALD.

boba
boba23 Wrote:Hmm, I am using lucid AMD64 standard install. Can you point me to the right direction on howto install HAL then?

EDIT: hal seems to be installed ... what am I missing then?

boba

Try

Code:
sudo apt-get install upower udisks pm-utils policykit

Im not sure if this is still needed but i set permissions anyway.

Quote:polkit-auth --user xbmc --grant org.freedesktop.hal.power-management.suspend
polkit-auth --user xbmc --grant org.freedesktop.hal.power-management.hibernate
polkit-auth --user xbmc --grant org.freedesktop.hal.power-management.reboot
polkit-auth --user xbmc --grant org.freedesktop.hal.power-management.shutdown
polkit-auth --user xbmc --grant org.freedesktop.hal.power-management.reboot-multiple-sessions
polkit-auth --user xbmc --grant org.freedesktop.hal.power-management.shutdown-multiple-sessions

cheers
harryzimm Wrote:Try

Code:
sudo apt-get install upower udisks pm-utils policykit

Im not sure if this is still needed but i set permissions anyway.

cheers

Guys, I think you are getting me wrong. I am pretty sure my lucid install is fine.
Suspend/shutdown etc. all work fine from the desktop and from my current SVN build 28275 (last recommended before the addon merge).
I am talking about CURRENT svn builds. The last one I tried 2 weeks ago 30xxx did show the problems I mentioned above .... suspend doesn't work, "shutdown" option in shutdown function in XBMC is missing.

I got all the packages installed you mentioned above. Can't be the reason ....
What build are you running?

boba
Im running r30240 of the pvr-testing2 branch on lucid. All power functions are working fine after using the steps above.

cheers.
harryzimm Wrote:Im running r30240 of the pvr-testing2 branch on lucid. All power functions are working fine after using the steps above.

cheers.

Alright, gonna give that polkit commands a try then. Never needed those with the older builds. Everything else should be in place anyway ...

boba
harryzimm Wrote:Im running r30240 of the pvr-testing2 branch on lucid. All power functions are working fine after using the steps above.

cheers.

Hey man,

are you sure, that you got the option "shutdown" among the available opts in "shutdown function" in System - Settings - Power Saving?
I just did the polkit thing, installed todays svn build, and the option is NOT THERE. All I can choose from is: Quit, Minimize, Suspend and Hibernate. Shutdown is gone. It used to be available in build 28xxx for example .... :-(

Plus, suspend still doesn't work for me :-(

Is there anything I might be missing with "configure" in the current builds?

I am doing this to compile my builds:

./bootstrap
./configure --disable-debug --disable-pulse
make
sudo make install

The error I get in xbmc.log when trying to suspend the machine from xbmc:

00:21:56 T:140217056872512 M:1725300736 ERROR: DBus: Error org.freedesktop.UPower.GeneralError - not authorized

And again, the option "shutdown" for shutdown function is still missing. Simply not there :-(

boba
@boba

I just checked and i can select shutdown from the menu in system/settings/power saving. Im running lucid mini install and installed xbmc and xbmc-live from the yaVDR ppa. Maybe its got to do with running a desktop? Have you tried installing xbmc-standalone and changing your session to xbmc.

cheers
I've been running SVN builds for quite some time now. Scrapers are broken and the entire addon structure doesn't work, but beyond that they're fine.

(Obligatory) WMV still doesn't work, of course.
there is any estimation about how much could it take to release a working svn ppa to the beta testers?

regards,
I'm generating builds for karmic and lucid once in a while. Currently svn30xxx is up and running. More info:

http://www.xbmcfreak.nl/en/xbmcfreak-ubuntu-repository/
Couldn't someone of the devs maybe comment on what has changed regarding power management, suspend, shutdown etc. after the addon merge?
I am pretty sure, that my problems aren't system related in the first place, because everything works fine from the desktop and with the pre-addon-merge-builds ....

thanks

boba
admittedly i'm new to linux so feel free to tell me i'm wrong. but if HAL has been deprecated and lucid now uses upower why are you granting permissions for HAL events?

Code:
polkit-auth --user xbmc --grant org.freedesktop.hal.power-management.suspend
polkit-auth --user xbmc --grant org.freedesktop.hal.power-management.hibernate
polkit-auth --user xbmc --grant org.freedesktop.hal.power-management.reboot
polkit-auth --user xbmc --grant org.freedesktop.hal.power-management.shutdown
polkit-auth --user xbmc --grant org.freedesktop.hal.power-management.reboot-multiple-sessions
polkit-auth --user xbmc --grant org.freedesktop.hal.power-management.shutdown-multiple-sessions

shouldn't it be
Code:
polkit-auth --user xbmc --grant org.freedesktop.upower.suspend
polkit-auth --user xbmc --grant org.freedesktop.upower.hibernate
polkit-auth --user xbmc --grant org.freedesktop.consolekit.system.restart
polkit-auth --user xbmc --grant org.freedesktop.consolekit.system.restart-multiple-users
polkit-auth --user xbmc --grant org.freedesktop.consolekit.system.stop
polkit-auth --user xbmc --grant org.freedesktop.consolekit.system.stop-multiple-users

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Status of current svn builds?0