• 3(current)
[RELEASE] Grooveshark (Script) Music Addon
dominater01 Wrote:is there anyway to make this script see more then 20 playlists?

If you get the version from svn you should be able to see more than 20 playlists.
PantsOnFire Wrote:Will you (solver) be keeping this style from now-on?
That was the plan - not sure about the color scheme though. People, what do you think about the new layout? Good? bad?

PantsOnFire Wrote:With bomboms up looking as nice as it does, maybe you could combine the two?
It had crossed my mind. I'll see what I can do.

PantsOnFire Wrote:How are things going in the script btw? Hope all's well. Smile
cheers.
I'm doing alright Smile Progressing slowly - full plate at the moment
Rainbow 
solver Wrote:If you get the version from svn you should be able to see more than 20 playlists.

i just got the new svn version of this script and now it only shows 25 playlists is there anything i could edit to make it read all my playlists?
dominater01 Wrote:i just got the new svn version of this script and now it only shows 25 playlists is there anything i could edit to make it read all my playlists?

Heh, my bad :-) I hadn't set the limit properly - try updating. The limit is 150 playlists, but if that is not enough you can open 'default.py', search for the function 'userGetPlaylists' and set the limit as you like.
thx solver that fixed my playlists so they all show up now if i can request something can you add a search history i cant stand re typing a typo or something
Hi Solver

i have updated the skin so it fit's with the new layout. du you wan't me to post it here in the forum or by email to you.

p.s. thanks again for a brilliant script.. love the new features!

cheers
C_BB

screenshot of update:
looks nice bombom, I like it.
Can we get the "Grooveshark" text/logo in there too? Big Grin
Hi PantsOnFire

it's already there .. i moved it on the left side off the menu - faded... i thought it looked a little nicer!

cheers
c_bb
I've waited for a grooveshark/spotify plugin for ages. Finally, thanks!

I've begun creating my own skin. Is there a way to make a permanent search function that is not using the built in search look of the skin? I really want the search to stay on screen all the time. Can it be done?
Hey good job on this solver, it's really come along nicely. You might already be aware of this, but I guess the API method to get stream URLs doesn't always return an address, leading to your bugs for songs not playing. Not really anything that can be done on our end. Also, I've actually not been able to get the script working on my Macbook, doing a search just makes XBMC hang; not sure what the issue is.

Hopefully in the future Grooveshark can be added natively to XBMC, as I think the Grooveshark library alongside any local music stored on an HTPC could provide the ultimate music experience!
dbuvid Wrote:Hey good job on this solver, it's really come along nicely. You might already be aware of this, but I guess the API method to get stream URLs doesn't always return an address, leading to your bugs for songs not playing.
I have a few ideas for a workaround and I'm also working on getting it to handle it more gracefully, like skipping to the next song instead of just stopping.

dbuvid Wrote:Also, I've actually not been able to get the script working on my Macbook, doing a search just makes XBMC hang; not sure what the issue is.
Could you post a log with debugging turned on in both the script and in XBMC?

dbuvid Wrote:Hopefully in the future Grooveshark can be added natively to XBMC, as I think the Grooveshark library alongside any local music stored on an HTPC could provide the ultimate music experience!
Agreed Smile
dominater01 Wrote:thx solver that fixed my playlists so they all show up now if i can request something can you add a search history i cant stand re typing a typo or something
fillidill Wrote:I've begun creating my own skin. Is there a way to make a permanent search function that is not using the built in search look of the skin? I really want the search to stay on screen all the time. Can it be done?

Hey fillidill and dominater01,

Your requests are related. I haven't found a way to add the search field with history directly to the skin which is what I wanted when I started writing the script. At some point I'll properly write a new class that can handle it but right now I'm concentrating on the cover art and making playback more stable.
Cool_bombom Wrote:i have updated the skin so it fit's with the new layout. du you wan't me to post it here in the forum or by email to you.
I've PM'ed you.
Hi guys. How do you install this grooveshark script ?. i have been playing with this for weeks now :/.

i have installed a launcher which i also start firefox from. I have tried to make it from there, but with no luck at all . Any ideas ?.

thanks in advance
//Chris
You can do:
(This is on Linux from your home directory)

- cd .xbmc/scripts/
- svn checkout http://grooveshark-for-xbmc.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ Grooveshark
- Launch XBMC and go to Scripts
- Enjoy !
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Grooveshark (Script) Music Addon4