[Moved] Live install questions
Question 
Forgive me if my search of the forums didn't yield an answer that already exists somewhere-

I basically want to rip all mine and my wifes exercise DVD's to ISO's, and store them on a PC's HD in the basement running XBMC. No HD content (as I don't know if the PC/Vid Card will handle it), but I am sure there will be occasional avi, mpg, wmv files, and some MP3's as well. Primarily ISO's though, stored on the PC in the basement hooked up to a projector.
I was planning on doing the whole XBMC Live thing installed to a 2gig USB drive I have laying around.

Will this all work?
So I will boot to XBMC Live via USB, and then have access to ISO's dumped onto the PC's local HD?
Or is there a better way to go about this? Like would it be better/faster to install XBMC to a fresh Ubuntu build, and then I can just use a 2nd HD in that machine to store the media?
I want it to be quick and easy to use, and also easy to add/delete ISO's stored on my network, or from a USB External HD.

Please keep in mind, I am no Linux expert by any means, but know my way around technical stuff/computers. Nerd

Thanks!
Sounds like it, assuming your hardware meets the minimum requriements.
Here's some info on Xbmc Live.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=XBMC_Live

You can play with Xbmc Live for a bit and get a feel for it. If you want to run more bleeding edge versions for the features, you'll likely need to go the route of installing it as an application on either Windows or Linux.

You can store the media where ever you like. 2G for media isn't very much given that an ISO will be the same size as the original disc.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I just wasn't sure if I could boot to the full Ubuntu install on the Machine that is there now, and dump ISO's to that HD, then reboot to XBMC Live off of USB and access the ISO's still. Or if that was a stupid way to go about this and just installing the newest version of Ubuntu and then XBMC would be a better/cleaner/better performing way to go.
I want it to boot and run quick, yet still not be a hassle. Seeing as I am using this as a workout video storage/player, I really don't need it to be flashy, awesome, constantly upgraded, etc.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Moved] Live install questions0