Can't Scan files
Hey guys, I spent the last 24 hrs trying to figure out what i'm doing wrong because the library icon remains greyed. I've set followed all the instructions but after i click ok for an automated scan, i don't see it scanning anything in my movies folder. Currently all my movies are stored in a NTFS base system, it doesn't need to be fat32 does it?

I checked the log and all the errors seems to be this same line.

02:16:24 T:2172 M:1924018176 ERROR: Can't open the database MyVideos34.db as it is a NEWER version than what we were expecting!

Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks
Is this a fresh install of XBMC? Did you have it installed before? Are you running a nightly build or the official release version?
Windows 7 x64 Home Premium
Gigabyte MA78GM-U2SH Mainboard
ATI HD3200 Onboard
AMD 7750BE Dual-Core 4.00GB RAM
ATI HD3200 HDMI Sound
HTPC HMDI -> ONKYO TX-SR605 -> Panasonic TH-46PZ85U Plasma
That message is pretty self explanatory. The version of Xbmc you are running is expecting and older database version. The likely cause is that you were running a newer version of Xbmc at some point, and then decided to downgrade to an older version. Just delete the database files from userdata\database and start from scratch.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't Scan files0