XBMC Versions
I am very new to XBMC so some of my questions may seem trivial. I am very fluent in Windows, and PC hardware, but with regard to Linux, I can to some bash work and navigate around. I have a Dune player and all my movies (Bluray or DVD rips) seem to play okay. I get nice clear video at 1080p and good multichannel audio including the Hidef codecs. The Dune player connects to the A/V processor over HDMI. At this time the only rip that is giving me issues on the Dune player is Avatar.

I bought an ASrock (ASUS) ion-330 PC to play with XBMC. I have connected it to the network (no issues); a VGA display so I can play with it and adjust the Bios, and I have it feeding my A/V processor over HDMI. The A/V processor can handle just about anything thrown at it and decode all HD codecs.

I configured three partitions on the internal hdd.

1) Windows XP 64
2) Ubunto 9.04 (no XBMC yet)
3) XBMC Live loaded .

Under Windows XP:

I can not get digital audio out and it is not an XBMC issue. No matter if I try the Nivdia HD or Realtek HD audio I can not get sound. Can not even get a sound output from the sound control panel trying to just play the standard window sounds. I suspect the problem is that I can not figure out how to configure the digital audio output to go to HDMI as opposed to analog or S/PDIF.

If I load XBMC (windows version) I get no audio although XBMC is configured for digital output over HDMI, and video almost looks as if it is playing in slow motion with a profound jerkiness to the display, as if it frezzes for a couple of milliseconds every seond or two (Switching buffers?)

Straight UBUNTU: How do I tell it that I want its output to be via the HDMI connector (audio and video). I have not tried to install XBMC for linux in that partition yet.

XBMC Live: Video appears to play, and play nicely, however only on the VGA screen. I can not figure out how to tell Linux (Ubuntu?) to put the audio and video out the HDMI Connector. XBMC is configured in its system settings screen for audio to go out HDMI (Normal and passthrough), but I see no way to configure the Linux drivers to do that. The A/V processor reports there is neither a video nor an audio signal on the HDMI cable. I am now getting audio and video on the bigscre

Any help would be greatly appreciated, especially from some one who might have the ASrock ion 330.

I am more than willing to use WIN 7, or different versions of Linux or change Linux drivers, I just do not know how under Linux.

Well things are a little better now. The machine is very smart! If I do not connect the VGA monitor but have the projector and AVP connected so the HDMI connection gets a proper EDID then the machine uses the HDMI for video and audio This happens before the Setup splash screen shows. Very Nice!!

I do know how to fake the EDID so it is always connected but I might not have to. I just need to make sure that when I boot it it is connected.

I am now booting directly to XBMC Live. It seems to be working except (1) It (Avatar) shows up as a 720p image with 5.1 Audio. I need to look at that next. If someone wants top tell me how to adjust the system video settings, that would help, but I am sure I can find it.

Is there anyway to delete a post?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Versions0