[Live] - How to change my username in XBMC Live
I setup my acer revo XBMC box today with XBMC Live. After having some trouble getting the installation to work, I finally did it and I thought the prompts were a bit confusing, it asked to enter My full name, then my username which I unfortunately put as my name. Now after going too far and installing too many things I am regretting it and I wish I would have put the username as "xbmc" instead.

Is there a command or a way to easily change my username from its current one to "xbmc" before I go any further?

I have installed a few skins, firefox, sabnzbd+, Git, and a few other things that i probably cant think of right now. I still have not picked a theme as I am still looking to how I am going to organize the media.
http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/howto-chang...r-name-id/ first hit on google so no quality guarantee. looked fine on a glimpse though.
Heh,

I ran into that myself on "the google" but the reason I wanted maybe a more xbmc live guru to confirm or tell me the way is because I dont want to break anything in xbmc, also I dont really understand the "UID" stuff. I also want to make sure any files, folders, directories etc do get properly moved/changed/sym linked so that nothing breaks.

When i do "id manolo" i get this response:
uid=1000(manolo) gid=1000(manolo) groups=1000(manolo),4(adm),20(dialout),24(cdrom),25(floppy),27(sudo),29(audio),44(video),46(plugdev),60(games),100(users),103(fuse),109(lpadmin),110(sambashare),111(admin)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Live] - How to change my username in XBMC Live0