AAC LC not working on Zotac ION
I've the problem of not playing any AAC LC audio on XBMC 9.04 live (Zotac ION). I have Sony 5.1 Home Theater connected via digital coax output and set XBMC to do digital output. I get only rear surround effects in my speakers. Played with all settings, don't know how to solve it. Does XBMC suppose to decode AAC LC to PCM uncompressed streams and send to receiver?

CrystalP Wrote:XBMC will transcode any format (AAC, DTS, MP3,...) to AC3 on the fly in the next stable version. It's already available in the development SVN releases if you feel adventurous.
Setup your audio output as 'digital' or 'optical/coaxial', check "AC3 capable receiver" and any other that your receiver supports. That's it, listen to your AAC5.1 content in 5.1!

CrystalP Wrote:This feature will be available in the next stable version. It was added mid-february in the development releases.

Jezz_X Wrote:pretty sure the last official nigtlies had this feature http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/ or if your on linux use the svn ppa

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AAC LC not working on Zotac ION0