XBMC Instantly crashes when selecting Movies menu...
Sad 
Hi,

I suddenly had this problem, So I deleted the entire .xbmc folder and reinstalled XBMC and started again, Scraped all Movies and Tv Shows again...took 35hrs...(alot of shows)

Every time I select from the menu MOVIES it instantly crashes...

Any ideas why it's doing this?

ubuntu 10.10 64bit heres the log files..

http://www.mediafire.com/file/7cbs82w7es...165450.log

Quote:blade@blade:~$ xbmc
params.c:OpenConfFile() - Unable to open configuration file "/home/blade/.smb/smb.conf":
No such file or directory
params.c:OpenConfFile() - Unable to open configuration file "/home/blade/.smb/smb.conf.append":
No such file or directory
xbmc.bin: libavutil/mathematics.c:79: av_rescale_rnd: Assertion `c > 0' failed.
Aborted (core dumped)
Crash report available at /home/blade/xbmc_crashlog-20110504_173603.log
blade@blade:~$

Please help as i can't watch anything...

Thanks...
I didn't know there was a debug option as well in the menu!
these were the last 3 lines:
Quote:18:16:41 T:140298164664064 M:3303456768 DEBUG: DoWork - trying to extract filestream details from video file /mnt/hdd_2/Movies [D]/Dora The Explorer - Catch the Stars [2005].avi
18:16:41 T:140298164664064 M:3303329792 DEBUG: Open - probing detected format [avi]
18:16:42 T:140298164664064 M:3274063872 DEBUG: Open - av_find_stream_info starting

So I deleted the file and so far so good...

here is the entire log for future reference...
http://www.mediafire.com/file/q249y4sv22...181642.log
Hopelessone Wrote:I didn't know there was a debug option as well in the menu!

So I deleted the file and so far so good...

here is the entire log for future reference...
http://www.mediafire.com/file/q249y4sv22...181642.log

I'm having the same problem: Everything in XBMC runs as normal, until I select the "Movies" option from the main menu. Immediately after entering the movie library, XBMC crashes.

If I understood your post correctly, your problem stemmed from a bogus/corrupt video file. It's likely I have a bogus file as well, but I don't know how to find it. Furthermore, I don't know where the log file is either. So, I have a few questions:

Q1: Where can I find XBMC's log file?
A1: Heh, obvious answer xD --> XBMC wiki - Log File
Q1.1: However, I'm unable to find the specific location the Wiki refers to in Windows 7, any advice?
A1.1: Had to enable viewing of hidden files and folders in the C:/users/<MyUsername> folder, and there it was. Sheesh, I've been away from computers for too long...

Q2: Where did you find the debug option?
A2: The debug option was never availiable through my XBMC GUI. Activating it through advancedsettings.xml worked though. Sadly, the DEBUG info didn't shed any light on the crash... Halp!

Hope anyone can help.
My Win7 xbmc log is here
C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\XBMC
Qu3uk Wrote:My Win7 xbmc log is here
C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\XBMC

Thanks, I've got the log file now.

I disabled the "Update library on startup"; and everything went back to working just fine. I tried enabling "Update library on startup", and XBMC crashed upon opening the Movie library yet again.

It seems the crash is somehow related to library updating, and only the 'Movies* library. Here's the log file:

XBMC log file

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Instantly crashes when selecting Movies menu...0