Video Resolution settings
My system has an Anthem AVM 50 A/V Processor feeding a JVC 1920x1080 Projector which handles either 24 fps or 60 fps. I am feeding the Anthem over HDMI from an XBMC system running on an Asrock ion-330 Pro. Nothing is connected to the VGA port. I am running the 9.11 Live CD installed to a hard drive.

When the Asrock boots up, what resolution it comes up with is dependent on what is turned on. If the Anthem and the PJ are turned on the highest resolution I can choose in XBMC is 1280x720 which does not look bad as the Anthem will scale that to 1920x1080. I know for a fact that in this case the EDID allows for 1920x1080. In fact I have windows installed in another partition on the HD and it allows for a choice of 1920x1080 since the EDID it got allows for it.

If the Anthem is turned off I get 640x400 as the operating resolution. I have not checked to see what is available in the XBMC system settings for video resolution but I suspect it will be 640x400.

What I want is 1920x1080. How do I get that? I don't want double scaling to take place especially on BR disks which are recorded at 1920x1080.

I have looked at (need to study it, it is long) the thread on frame rates, but I do not believe that it addresses ny problem.

I know how to solve the problem of what is powered on in the chain, the Gefen HDMI Detective will do it at a price.

TIA, any help will be really appreciated. I am sure there must be a way to do this as I cannot believe all XBMC users are satisfied with 1280x720.
I had to edit my xorg.conf to add ModeLine entries for the proper resolution that I wanted. The /var/log/Xorg.0.log was showing there was some VertRefresh conflict so it was ignoring many video modes from the EDID.

This is an Ubuntu issue
Ahhh finally an explanation! Thank you Baxter!!. I will add the modes I want. I assume then if I add both 1920x1080@60fps and 1920x1080@24fps and set the XBMC video setting to track the input rate then it will automatically switch as the input changes (e.g. BR disk at 24 fps vs a DVD at 60 fps). How do I set the initial default or will it be obvious?

TIA

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video Resolution settings0