Everything is too dark
On my last windows xp HTPC I had this problem as well. I fixed it by calibrating the computer using one of the display calibrators. It calibrated the desktop as well as XBMC. I built a new HTPC with windows 7 and the newest nightly from XBMC and now when I make changes to things like gamma or contrast through the desktop it doesn't apply to XBMC. XBMC is very dark, some darker movies like terminator salvation have scenes where the screen is black, you can't make out anything even with the contrast on that movie being set to 80. For some reason XBMC doesn't have the brightness setting anymore. I'm not really worried about the settings in XBMC, I want to know how I can set the gamma and contrast in the OS to have it apply to XBMC. Does it have something to do with windows 7? DirectX? The new version of XBMC? Why was I able to adjust the settings before and have them work but now they do not? They still work on the desktop, but when I open XBMC everything gets dark again and if I minimize XBMC the desktop gets dark like the settings were not applied. When I exit XBMC it goes back to the proper settings.

I'm using windows 7 pro with the gigabyte h57 intel onboard video.
you must be using the last official DX release - use a newer build
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
Newer than r28256-trunk? Is there anything that's stable enough to use that's newer than that?

Edit, got it working with the nightly build, thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Everything is too dark0