[LIVE] Setting up ION Atom 330 problems
Update: I dunno what, but perhaps a magical fairy blessed the drive or something but it works flawlessly now.

Remaining issues:

1. CTRL + ALT + F1 no longer bringing me to terminal, everything goes black and is replaced by a multi colored line at the top... i think this started when i was updating my nvidia drives through putty during the graphic driver codes mentioned in the first page. (which i also noticed a error that popped up while updating that said something about the GL and only option was to hit OK, which I did)

Asked a friend who's been using linux forever... says that I somehow switched to the backup terminal and that i need to hit ALT + F7 to switch it back... you guys concur? I'm at work and gotta way 8 some odd hours to try this...

2. Playing trailers in appletrailers works fine, but when i switch to HD (720p or 1080p), the video plays fine, but no sound comes out. I also tried this on a HD trailer I downloaded, plays video just fine, but no sound.

3. Aeon65 not showing meta tags or movie info. TV Shows come through just fine. But when going into Videos (perhaps the problem is that i didn't enable movies in the settings? That all the movie info only displays when I enter movies like I saw the info when entering TV Shows? :confused2Smile the poster art shows up but all the plot info, cast info, studio, etc comes up blank or N/A no matter what view I'm in. I set the source and content. Funny thing is, it's just an Aeon65 issue, since switching to other skins (Confluence and MediaStream) the movie info, plot, cast, meta tags, all show up just fine.

Thanks again for all the help!
MariusLT Wrote:1. CTRL + ALT + F1 no longer bringing me to terminal, everything goes black and is replaced by a multi colored line at the top...

I have the same issue with the 256.25 drivers. I cannot get to TTYx, all I get is a black screen. Going back to the 195.x drivers resolves that issue.

Not sure what causes it, or if it is just related to XBMC-Live.
Do you have the code (from start to finish) to get it back to 195.x?

Thanks

sdsnyr94 Wrote:I have the same issue with the 256.25 drivers. I cannot get to TTYx, all I get is a black screen. Going back to the 195.x drivers resolves that issue.

Not sure what causes it, or if it is just related to XBMC-Live.
I think it is indded a driver issue as I have the same problem (hey there beta) but going back to 195 fubars LPCM sound for me.
Marius, how do you have your sound setup in XBMC.
I have mine set to Digital and HDMI for both options.

XBMC is great, but boy is it a PITA to get setup right Rofl
HDMI and Digital, ya, sound works... haven't tested out the 7.1 though... guess as long as putty works then *thumbs up*

Hey, Venares, do you by chance have the codes to install more skins like backrow, horizonz and mediastream redux? If i can't get Aeon65 to play nice, i'm gonna play around with those.

Thanks
Code:
cd ~/.xbmc/skin

git clone git://github.com/andyblac/aeon.git "Aeon Showmix"
git clone git://github.com/djh/aeon.git "Aeon Auriga"
git clone git://github.com/Hitcher/aeon.git "Aeon Hitched"

You will need to copy the fonts folder from Aeon65 as these dont contain the fonts in there GIT repositorys.
thanks... does the above code just fix the Aeon65 issue?

Or are they backrow, horizonz and mediastream redux but by different names.

Thanks
Differnt Aeon versions.
Mediastream Redux is here.
Backrow is using SVN and I have no idea how that works unfortunatly.
Thanks. Out of all those Aeon versions, which have you found to work the best for you? Aeon65 I assume?
Yeh, lol.
Just found Back Row btw.
Download Here
Well this is odd... I shut down and tried to boot it up the next day and after the xbmc flash screen the only thing that shows up is the mouse against a black background... The rest of xbmc doesn't show up, keyboard not responsive and the mouse cursor doesn't move...

Any ideas?
Help please super noob here.....Big Grin

Venares, I'm trying to follow your instructions but have hit a problem, when I get to the following line:-
Code:
sudo apt-get install build-essential cdbs fakeroot dh-make debhelper debconf libstdc++5 dkms linux-headers-$(uname -r)

I get the following error:-
Code:
Package libstdc++5 is not available, but is referred to by another package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
is only available from another source
E: Package libstdc++5 has no installation candidate

So I did the following:-
Code:
wget http://mirrors.kernel.org/ubuntu/pool/universe/g/gcc-3.3/libstdc++5_3.3.6-17ubuntu1_i386.deb
sudo dpkg -i libstdc++5_3.3.6-17ubuntu1_i386.deb

So far so good...... But then when I do:-
Code:
sudo apt-get build-dep xbmc-live
I get the following error:-
Code:
Package libasound-dev is a virtual package provided by:
  libasound2-dev 1.0.20-3ubuntu6.1
You should explicitly select one to install.
E: Package libasound-dev has no installation candidate
E: Failed to satisfy Build-Depends dependency for xbmc: libasound-dev

Help please I'm stuck....

Roidy
MariusLT Wrote:Well this is odd... I shut down and tried to boot it up the next day and after the xbmc flash screen the only thing that shows up is the mouse against a black background... The rest of xbmc doesn't show up, keyboard not responsive and the mouse cursor doesn't move...

If you reboot again, that seems to fix it. Now it appears (without thorough testing) that I run into this problem every second startup.

I'm also having problems with the virtual consoles showing garbled graphics instead of the tty console. Hint: the consoles *work* but they just don't show what you're typing. So if you can't ssh in for whatever reason, you can still log in blindly.

I'm considering either (a) doing a non-live install, or (b) just going back to the XBMCFreak release (not sure what didn't work when running out of the box). Or there's option ©, figure out what's going on and fixing it!
balthisar Wrote:If you reboot again, that seems to fix it. Now it appears (without thorough testing) that I run into this problem every second startup.

I'm also having problems with the virtual consoles showing garbled graphics instead of the tty console. Hint: the consoles *work* but they just don't show what you're typing. So if you can't ssh in for whatever reason, you can still log in blindly.

I'm considering either (a) doing a non-live install, or (b) just going back to the XBMCFreak release (not sure what didn't work when running out of the box). Or there's option ©, figure out what's going on and fixing it!

In post #17 on the second page, sdsnyr94 explains that downgrading to graphic driver 195.x drivers resolves that issue. But Venares mentioned that downgrading to 195.x fubars his LPCM sound but works with version 256.25 drivers. So, it's really up to what you rather have, the console or LPCM sound.

I've re-installed xbmc like 50 bajillion times now trying to get everything to work properly (note, DO NOT reboot during the graphics card update. If it tells you that Server X is running or something along those lines, just click "ok" on your screen in regards to the OpenGL error and re-run the driver install and the Server X error will be gone and you'll be able to update properly). I'm now going through the process with the HTPC connected straight to the router and going to worry bout after the initial install of everything else. *fingers crossed*

Can't wait till they release XBMC for windows with hardware acceleration built in... *shakes fists at linux*

Good luck on your system.
I followed these directions and they work very wel, but I too am experiencing the garbled TTYx screen. Not that big of a problem though, as any serious command line work will be done from the comfort of my desktop via SSH.

The only problem I've got now is that I can't get it to shutdown without hitting the power button on the box. suspend, hibernate, and shutdown all have the same effect - the screen goes black for a half a second before popping right back into XBMC.

Any ideas on this?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE] Setting up ION Atom 330 problems0