• 2(current)
[LINUX] Apple TV Crystalbuntu (Ubuntu Linux and Crystal HD) Disk Image for Apple TV
deadly. I have one linux installation on my main hard drive, but it will be handy to have such usb distro.

excellent job!
I can provide Amazon S3 hosting for a limited time and seedboxing for Torrents indefinitely, I can also upload to USENET if you don't want to.

PM me...
thanks Phil, check PM

edit: Sorry it'll be a while my connection dropped and my client started again. Upload is slow because I have 768kbit upload and I'm being traffic managed. I'm going to sleep, hoping this is done when I'm awake so I can put a link up for you Smile
I have an external drive connected to my aTV via USB, how will booting linux from a USB flash drive work in combination with an external drive?
should I be using a hub with both the flash drive and external drive and turn the external drive on when linux starts to boot?
I can mirror the disk image on my site once it's up.
Just to be clear - if this is copied to a usb and plugged in to the ATV will it just work?

I'm guessing not and the usb needs to be formatted with the the atv bootloader etc.
Perhaps the image can be made smaller with something like this?

dd if=/dev/disk5 | 7za a /atvimages/ATVLinux.7z -si

7za x /atvimages/ATVLinux.7z -so | dd of=/dev/sda5
Come on guys Smile I am laying an egg here already.
kcarney Wrote:Perhaps the image can be made smaller with something like this?

dd if=/dev/disk5 | 7za a /atvimages/ATVLinux.7z -si

7za x /atvimages/ATVLinux.7z -so | dd of=/dev/sda5

LOL, it's starting from something pretty big. You might get another 5-10 percent but it's just not worth the hassle. It's going to be a big download no matter what you do.
Wink 
Might matter when you have 702-741MB at hundreds of downloads
Alright, it's up. Sorry I had a bit of a lie in hehe.

@matpol - no atv-bootloader configuration is necessary if using a USB (only if using the internal drive). Just restore the image and go!

Enjoy - sorry for the delays. If anyone wants to mirror the file, (actual filehost) not torrents and usenet please, then it'd be appreciated as Phil has not got back to me. I will upload to easy-share later.
Nazarko, is it being posted to Usenet? If you want to, i can get it up there.
No it's not. I'd prefer if you didn't. The reason for this is that I am likely to update this in the future (I will probably build a very core version in a few months). I don't want different versions floating around on UseNet with old CrystalHD drivers. It will be a source of endless questions and problems.
Dude, it is your baby. Ill just get it and use it, cheers for all the (hard) work!
If you must upload it, go ahead, I just ask you keep the original RAR so people can check the md5 and see the comment referring them to this thread for support/updates.
@Sam.Nazarko - so its like livexbmc but with ubuntu? Excellent I had been gearing myself up to follow Davillas excellent instructions for livexbmc but now I guess I just need to wait to download this.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] Apple TV Crystalbuntu (Ubuntu Linux and Crystal HD) Disk Image for Apple TV15