• 3(current)
[LINUX] Apple TV Crystalbuntu (Ubuntu Linux and Crystal HD) Disk Image for Apple TV
Yes I guess you could say it's like Live. Less minimal, but it includes all the essentials for the complete CrystalHD and HDMI sound experience.

As for waiting, no need, the link is up.

Please give some feedback once it's all up and running
Hi Sam,
Could you post some info about how to setup an automount for samba shares? I am streaming movies from a NAS and would like it to be mounted on boot up automatically.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Win...SAMBA/CIFS)
Are all the settings made after initial boot going to be saved somewhere on the USB stick for subsequent boots? How does it work exactly?
@Sam.Nazarko - I will start downloading once I get home - need to get a bigger stick and a couple of hours - I will try and give you some feed back early next week.

@reddeath - as i understand you run the os from the stick like the stick is an HD so you can install software etc and it should maintain it's state. As Sam says the only issue is if you upgrade the kernel.
Sorry, I was mislead by word 'image' which i though it not modifiable and therefore changes made in one session would not be saved after a reboot.
@reddeath just try it out. You will be pleasantly surprised. @matpol your right, kernel updates are a bit of a drag but i updated from 2.6.24-26 to 2.6.24-27 and it was alright
Here's a hint about ubuntu/kernel updates. If it works, why update ? There's no reason to update a working install just because you can.
True Davilla, the only reason I updated as said was because ALSA did not have the necessary compiler functions backported
Especially an HTPC box. Chances are a kernel upgrade won't gain you anything. Normally small kernel revisions are related to bug fixes with specific drivers, security fixes, etc., not major performance improvements or any new support that you'd need on an HTPC.

If there's something compelling for your specific needs in a new version, by all means go for it. Otherwise stability should trump freshness.

If your machine boots X straight into XBMC 100% of the time, who cares if your new ubuntu version contains Gwibber or openoffice 3.2
I have not tested it yet, but here's a mirror:

http://www.surfanddestroy.org/resources/....24.27.rar
Sam.Nazarko Wrote:True Davilla, the only reason I updated as said was because ALSA did not have the necessary compiler functions backported

Sam, I'm talking about a user upgrade here, not a dev upgrade to get things working in the first place Smile
I've uploaded to quickupload.net as well. I tried to do a remote upload onto easyshare but their stupid site just decided to download the file and then restart the download from scratch several times. My server appears to be coping with the traffic better than I expected though, which is a plus.

@nerpissad - thanks for your generous offer. I'll take you up on it Smile
Problem here with Mac.
Tried to restore the .img with Disk Utility selecting the usbdrive as destination but there is an error message that the image is damaged.
I have tried to download it 2 times and extracted with RAR expander,always the same error.
Any help is apreciated.
TY.
Which link did you download it from?

Try checking the MD5 of the RAR with the one I've wrote
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] Apple TV Crystalbuntu (Ubuntu Linux and Crystal HD) Disk Image for Apple TV15