DTS and Dolby Digital problems amongst others...
Sad 
Hello

I currently have two problems with my freshly installed XBMC Live 9.11:

1) When I power up my system, after the loading screen goes away, I am left with a blank screen. I know that xbmc-live is running, because I can ssh into it over the network and tell it to stop xbmc-live. When I tell it to start xbmc-live again, everything is normal and my video comes up. I have to do this every time I reboot to get video.

2) I have a Creative Live! Value CT4832 installed that is recognized by xbmc. I have the 1/8" digital out jack converted to rca out, then hooked up to the digital coax in on my receiver. I have tried many different configurations under the "Audio" settings in xbmc. All DD 5.1 and DTS track signals play fine from movies, and continue to play fine when fast forwarding and rewinding. What happens is when i PAUSE the movies, and attempt to press play again, I either get a very harsh static noise and "PCM 48" displayed on my receiver, or I get no sound at all. This is only happening to digital signals, analog audio plays fine.

Here is my configuration:
XBMC Live Camelot 9.11 (installed from CD) updated to PRE-10.5 r28256
MSI G41M4-F Motherboard / Core 2 Duo E6400 / 2GB Ram
Leadtek Geforce 7600GT PCI-E
Creative Live! Sound Blaster Value CT4832 PCI
LG 42LH41 LCD TV
Sony STR-DG500 Reciever
freshleon Wrote:1) ... I know that xbmc-live is running, because I can ssh into it over the network and tell it to stop xbmc-live. When I tell it to start xbmc-live again, everything is normal and my video comes up. I have to do this every time I reboot to get video.
blindshot 1) check if xbmc is really running via top. it should appear in the process list. in both cases, if it runs or not, try to rotate the vts. e.g. chvt 1, chvt 2, chvt 3, ..., chvt 12.
let us know what happens.

freshleon Wrote:I either get a very harsh static noise and "PCM 48" displayed on my receiver, or I get no sound at all. This is only happening to digital signals, analog audio plays fine.
blindshot 2) please check the settings for pcm in alsamixer. i had to position the slider at the end of the green area in order to reduce crackling sounds while the signal gets lost. a setting of 0 or 100 produced crackling in such situations.
[quote=einhänder]blindshot 1) check if xbmc is really running via top. it should appear in the process list. in both cases, if it runs or not, try to rotate the vts. e.g. chvt 1, chvt 2, chvt 3, ..., chvt 12.
let us know what happens.

Yes, xbmc is actually running. What do you mean by rotate the vts? What is chvt?

Oh and I fixed my audio problem by ditching the Sound Blaster card and using a spdif header with my onboard audio (Realtek ALC 888)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DTS and Dolby Digital problems amongst others...0