Asrock ion, sound outputs and video quality.
hello XBMC

I got a few minor issues with my latest redo of XBMC.

Ive been running one of the nightly builds for a while now, and its actually worked perfect so far.
But today i received my new Onkyo 608 receiver and some new speakers, after a bit of tinkering, unable to get it to transmit sound over the HDMI (it only showed toslink as available) i decided to redo everything.

(im not the best at all these codecs stuff so i didnt go for hte official build with dsplayer/ffdshow, honestly my brain fries every time i go into ffdshow)
so i grabbed the latest build and loaded it, happy me there was HDMI, it was instantly setup to pass DTS and the rest to the receiver. i started up a movie (2012 in this case)
DTS seemed to work flawlessly, but the image quality was rubbish all of a sudden, i had weird shadows everywhere, the image was blurry and had minor screen tearing (like when vsync is off and you got a zillion fps)

and is there any way to get XBMC to handle MKV containers with DTS-MA/true hd tracks?

OS is windows 7 64bit
DTS-MA should degrade gracefully down to DTS core. DD TrueHD won't play at all.

Neither are supported currently by XBMC because of fffmpeg.

That, and I believe XBMC uses 16-bit sound streams internally, so your 24-bit HD audio tracks wont get sent right.

The computer must also support bit-streaming those tracks as well. And, not a whole lot do. ATI didn't until it release the 5xxx series graphics cards. No idea about the ION platform.

Not sure why all of a sudden you're getting terrible video artifacting if it worked previously. Is this happening with all the movies you played? Or just that one? It could be something to do with how the video was encoded. The DXVA hardware accelerated playback functionality in XBMC is very much still a work in progress.
Windows 7 x64 Home Premium
Gigabyte MA78GM-U2SH Mainboard
ATI HD3200 Onboard
AMD 7750BE Dual-Core 4.00GB RAM
ATI HD3200 HDMI Sound
HTPC HMDI -> ONKYO TX-SR605 -> Panasonic TH-46PZ85U Plasma

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Asrock ion, sound outputs and video quality.0